ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cough & Cold : What do you do?

My bub (10months) started her childcare and has again been hit with a bad cough & cold. She has given up eating and isn't drinking milk too as she can't breathe through her nose.. Any suggestions to fight this off? Any advices much appreciated!

I am doing the usual remedies; steaming, saline water, nasal aspirator etc. Anything I am missing out on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor bubba ( and mama ) when our little girl had a bad cold we would put her to sleep in her bouncer ( it's the bloom) so its nice and big no ties or straps, I would put a thick fluffy blanket under her and it was super comfy!! It was good because her head was elevated all night and I would put her right next to my bed so when she woke up I would aspirate her nose and then bouncer strait back to sleep, it made things really easy for us not having to get up go to her room, pull her out of her cot etc. a friend of mine didn't have a bouncer, she used her pram!! That work just as well if you keep it on an incline! I hope she is better soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe even prop up a wedge or phone books under her cot matress, give her some nurofen, maybe put a bit of the baby vicks (can't remember what it's called exactly) on her chest, what if you tried another type of saline for nose? Could even try elevating her slightly whilst having her drink the milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sit her up a little so she's not lying down flat and use a vicks vaporisor.... They're about $50-$70 from a pharmacy and they take the cold air out of a room and release the vicks smell which helps soothe the chest and nose. I even use it when I'm sick and its amazing has to be in one room though that isn't too big like a bedroom.... Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vapouriser and you can get homeopathic cold and flu medicine for bubs over 6 months which I find helps to dry up the nose a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone! She is better but still has a runny nose which just doesn't stop. Hope she gets over it soon! Appreciate your responses.