+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that's so horrible I just want to cry hearing about it.

I would have taken the quiet approach of taking a pic of the car and going to police.

Hugs

I just re read he was working there. Please let the police know what you saw, there's a chance they could find him.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't feel guilty, unfortunately you did what most people would do. A bit in shock & in fear. Hope the poor kid is okay.

I personally suffered child abuse.

When I was 10, I saw a neighbors kid (4 yr old) running down road screaming (a 'real' scream) half clothed and being 'chased' by a man (i hadn't seen before) yelling.

I was terrified for him. I ran outside & hit/kicked the man off him. He fought me off & my mum came outside & called the police.

Id like to think I'd do the same thing again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure where abouts you live, however in Brisbane if he was working at a local park he'd either be a Council worker or a Council contractor. You could always try to contact your local Council and make a complaint about him that way...

I know that doesn't help the poor child now but may have some affect on the "man" if he is reported.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElleB For This Useful Post:

austmum  (04-07-2012),Smurfberrylizard  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope it was just a threat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    I just re read he was working there. Please let the police know what you saw, there's a chance they could find him.
    Yes, please do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow, i feel sick for the dear child. It seems as tho its not the first time.

definitely report the incident. Not exactly sure who to but surely the police would listen/direct you to the right place. Try to tell them every detail you can think of as it may help identify the man. ie time it happened, where exactly, what he was wearing, anything specific u noticed about the vehicle, even approx age of the boy.

It really disgusts me when stuff like this happens to children. Truly sickening.
    But please dont feel bad for walking on, I probably would have too, having had the pram with. Fear for my own babies and keeping them safe would have been foremost on my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely have called the cops. Even if he didn't actually hit the kid this time, it sounds like there may have been other times, and the family can be investigated. You can still report it to the cops...he may be working in the park again and they can keep an eye out for him.

If I didn't have a very young child with me, I would have stepped in. I've done so before, saved people from physical beatings by a-holes.

Even if he was not a council worker, the council would know who was contracted to maintain that park. Get the cops onto it. They will work it out.
    Last edited by BaronessM; 04-07-2012 at 00:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As PP suggested its not to late to contact someone. Call or even go in to your local council so they can see how distraught it has made you. Please dont let this go. If this is what that man did in public I'd hate to think of what he does to his son in private. That poor poor little boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should go to the police as well, it may give him the chance he needs to tell someone whats happening as these are never isolated incidents.
    I once saw a lady slap her daughter across the face at a pool for not letting her brush her hair and did nothing, and feel guilty about it still three years on

Thanks
    Reviews
    please let the police know, how many people will walk past or not report before this child is seriously injured or worse.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Raising Leprechauns  (04-07-2012)