+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The passion fruit soft drink helped me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Any type of fizzy drink worked for me too. My big thing I craved during my pregnancy was coke in a glass with ice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think everything is fine in moderation. A young girl in my antenatal class knew very well that her drinking of 6 cans of coke each day, could land her into trouble but no amount of talking to her by her OB and the midwives, could get her to cut back.
    Her son was born with quite bad withdrawal symptoms. I was in hospital the same time she was and when I went to look at her little boy in his humidicrib in the SCN, I just wanted to cry. He was so tiny Only 5lb 2oz at 39 weeks. He lay there shivering and trembling and had to be tube fed for the first week.

She is now pregnant with her second and is still drinking her 6 cans of coke each day. I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried to talk to her again and so have the middies and OB and we all have pretty much given up on her.
    She is going to be induced at 38 weeks because of the withdrawal symptoms her first had.
    So drinking coke is ok, just moderate the amount you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Moderation is the key!!

I can't understand how someone could even drink 6 cans a day! It would give me tummy ache for sure.

My morning sickness responded best to postmix coke, like from maccas or the pub.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that I will give lemon aid a go :-) maybe even soda water but soda water can be quiet high in salt, and I started to get high blood pressure at the end of my last pregnancy so I will be being careful this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been having a coke a day on and off for a few weeks at a time through my whole pregnancy ^_^

Some people still eat sushi, some people eat Maccas lettuce- what ever floats your boat I say! I couldn't live without coke and my middy said one a day won't affect bub at all

I'm now 32w

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think in moderation it's totally fine. I was lucky to not get much morning sickness but when I felt a bit yuck I found that I craved frozen cokes/slurpee ones so I had them and they worked fine and so far bubs developing all fine, no worries there. Do whatever works

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes it helps me I still have one occasionally on an off day.. I also don't drink it often or alot of it. I started a can today at about 10am and have yet to finish it at 2pm! It helps ease my tummy. If its in moderation I think its fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's fine, coke makes me feel really ill at the moment but lemonade, lemonade ice blocks and chewing on ice cubes makes me feel much better! When you're feeling this off, I think you do whatever you can to make yourself feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginger beer (well actually it's brewed ginger cordial) with soda stream water or fruit tingles have been helping for me