+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&MrMagoo View Post
    Cool!

You don't feel like a naff naff stopping and starting? Last time I did it in a gym and was oblivious ... I feel really self conscious for some reason!
    Absolutely not. Everyone else out there knows about intervals, I often used to see the Carlton football club do sprint intervals, they would run, sprint, walk, etc. If elite athletes stop and start no-one will blink an eye if you do it.
    I remember I was jogging once and there was another woman who seemed to be stopping and starting with me, by the third time I burst into laughter and asked her 'week 5?'
    Once you get out there you'll see everyone is at different levels and its not a big deal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did it last year without a gym and trainer.

Mostly I found a quiet park nice grass quiet really awesome no one else most of the time. I just ran ran ran in circles til I felt my breathing confidence and stopping less and went road path public style.

I skipped weeks as I felt my fitness improving and within 7 weeks ran my first 5km in 28 mins.

By 9 weeks I ran a 10km fun run and came 2nd in the womens.

I had no exercise plan or fitness prior to this. I lost 14kg and got fit. I slacked off with the IVF and haven't done much this year but this week I have run 3 or 5km every day stopping for a 30 second recovery every 1km.. I don't worry about stopping now when needed. I love to run now. Hated it for the first 3 months HATED IT.

Just keep trying don't worry about feeling like you can't, you can and you will and its possible. Small steps.... its not a sprint race its a marathon is my mantra when i run and its hurting.