+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help - trying to decide whether or not to try MCN's

So i have been researching MCN'S and like the idea of the All in two in OSFM. I've looked at cushie tushies & itti bitti tutto and just found Monk 'n' Bear ones that are a bit cheaper.

Still leaning towards the cushie tushies as they are a hybrid and can be used with either disposable biodegradable inserts as well as the cloth inserts.

But i have to justify the price to my partner, my way of thinking at present is my 1 yo is having less nappy changes at present and would be great to test them on, also thru the summer the MCNs are stylish enough to wear on their own and under her dresses without needing a cover.

So if they work well on her, i was thinking about getting the cheaper littleripper nappies off ebay that are an all in one to use as well at home, as im due with number 2 in September.

I know right now i wont be a full time user of these but i would like to cut down on disposables due to the environmental impact and a newborn really doesnt make a lot of mess until solids, and with my older DD, i can predict her number twos, and can use either a disposable insert or the liner, but they are pretty solid so they would just fall out of the nappy anyway.

thank you for reading so far, so can you recommend another brand to look into? or a website that has them cheap or second hand, and/or your experiences with them. TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im currently using little ripper ones and they are fantastic and not exesive at all!
    Ive used MCN since day one with both of my kids and ive use cheapies and the expesive ones. Both are great! The expensive ones just started to degrade after 4 years and 2 kids!
    One way to convince your partner is to say 'generally speaking kids who are in cloth toilet train earlier!!! DD was out of nappies just before her 2nd birthday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You helped reinforce it for my one year old, i read that it can help with TT, and with having 2 bubs very close in age, the sooner shes TT the better for all of us and our pocket. I think i will definitely get a trial pack and see how we go and extend the collection from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say pockets all the way. That way you only have to deal with any poop that escapes from a liner onto the nappy shell, not also worry about scraping it off multiple layers of folded snap in or lay in boosters.

I highly recommend baby beehinds. Yes they are a but pricey, but the ones I bought just over 2 years ago are still in fantastic condition. They have sales quite regularly and also do layby!

My monk'n'bears however are worn quite badly and the elastic is shot, i'm just about to chuck them out.

Be mindful you may not be able to switch over your toddler to cloth if you've had sposies only on them I've heard some won't tolerate the bulk of cloth if they're not used to it.

Good luck! We've saved so much money using cloth the majority of the time!
    Last edited by felicia81; 28-06-2012 at 17:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I tried a few - Baby Beehinds OSFM + cover, Baby Beehinds Magicalls OSFM and itti bitti tuttos (their OSFM nappy). I didn't want to have to keep buying nappies when DS grew.

I LOVE my BBH bamboo nappies. I use a liner so the poo is flushed straight into the toilet, I use either the BBH covers or cheapies I can get at Target or Big W and they are great. Hardly any leaks - no more than Huggies (and I've never had a poosposion leak). They are pretty chunky though but I think that's super cute.

The itti bittis were so cute but they leaked every single time. I ended up selling mine. They just didn't work for DS.

I would recommend getting one of each nappy that you're interested in and see how they go before buying up big.