+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Talking with friends on the phone.. vent

Do you have friends that ring you and can just talk and talk and talk.. for like at least 1-2 hours? I don't know about anyone else, but i find it irritating. Some of them ring a couple of times a week, and seriously, i have things to do and say so sometimes, (nicely) but no they keep on talking. I don't understand HOW they can talk for so long?! Some of them have their kids at daycare all day and some of them don't have kids. I find myself sometimes just not picking up the phone, as i have washing, vacuuming etc to do or just don't wanna talk. I have even suggested some of them just drop by instead of ringing as it's easier to just clean my kitchen etc and just talk that way. lol.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's when you do the whole 'oh ****E!!! Don't touch that! I gotta go!' and then hang up lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This may sound so rude but sometimes if i dont have time to talk or just simply cant be bothered i just ignore the call. Im lucky i dont have the friends that want to talk for hours so im not sure how i'd get out of that sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL, aargh it's so annoying!! I said to my hubby , i don't intend to sound mean, but don't they have a life?!!. I only ring people when we haven't spoken for a while and you actually have alot to talk about etc, or when i have something to ask. I ask and get off the phone.. I'm just not one of those people who LOVE yapping all day long. I used to work as a receptionist for 10 years and the last place i worked at , was like a call centre , the amount of time i'd answer the phone was mind boggling... so im kinda allergic to the phone i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just say, I'm busy at the moment, I'll call you back later, and that's the end of the conversation.
    I have friends that I call and friends that call me and we can talk for hours on end, but if either of us are busy we respect that and call at a more convienent time.
    Friendship is such a hard thing to maintain, but it's a two way thing, if the person is important to you, then it's important to make an effort aswell (not saying you not, just speaking in general)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    That's when you do the whole 'oh ****E!!! Don't touch that! I gotta go!' and then hang up lol.
    This!

My friends and I talk for ages when we do ring as its not very often, but we text and chose a time good for both of us first as we know it will be a long call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    I just say, I'm busy at the moment, I'll call you back later, and that's the end of the conversation.
    I have friends that I call and friends that call me and we can talk for hours on end, but if either of us are busy we respect that and call at a more convienent time.
    Friendship is such a hard thing to maintain, but it's a two way thing, if the person is important to you, then it's important to make an effort aswell (not saying you not, just speaking in general)
    I know what you mean... problem is especially with one particular friend, we do always make an effort to talk and catch up, eg: this week, I called her on monday, she rang me then on Tuesday, then spoke for another 1.5 hours, then today for another nearly 2 hours.. i understand in maintaining a friendship and all, but im just busy alot of the time. We run a business from home, and have 2 kids under 3.5 and am pregnant again, and if im not busy with housework, it's the kids or the business that im dealing with... i just simply don't have hours to talk.. i just don't know how to go about it, cos i know she'd be offended no matter what i say. Her life is so different. she doesn't work, and has no kids, and has alot more time up her sleeve than i do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes most of my friends when they ring end up talking for 30-45min which is really hard when you have little ones and I always feel rude saying I have to go. Sometimes I find it easier to email them if I haven't chatted to them for ages as I can do that at night when the kids are sleeping.