+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy & D&C

I'm booked in for these procedures next month if my fourth transfer fails. I've never had any of these done and I'm under the impression the Hysteroscopy also involves the D&C, I didn't get to ask FS. Why would I need the D&C done if I have always had a great lining? Has anyone had these done for investigations?

I did find out last week I have scar tissue on my cervix, I'm not sure why as I've never had any procedures done apart from OPU, Transfers & PS so I think the procedures are important but a little hesitant about the D&C.

Oh and I've been told I probably can't start a stim cycle for 6 weeks after, would it really be that long if they don't find anything?

Any advice appreciated tx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a thread on here warning about d&c's that aren't really needed. It was a really informative read. Something about ashermans syndrome?? If I wasn't on the phone I would link it for you. Hopefully someone else can or you are able to find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kmvw,
    Don't know much about the D&C, but I just had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done on the 28/5, for two reasons, to remove my right tube and investigate the left tube, uterus and ovaries for any abnormalities that would be contributing to my infertility, as when I had my HSG done, my left tube no dye would enter, and my right tube was abnormal. When I had the procedures done, (a couple of weeks after I got the HSG results) the surgeon found my left tube was as bad as my right and removed them both and I haven't even tried an ivf cycle yet as my fs wanted to make sure everything was in good working order before trying. Have you had a HSG done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry forgot to add,

My fs told me 6-8 weeks to recover fully from the procedures regardless if they just look or fix bits up or remove tubes, scar tissue etc....