+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Medicare rebates are based on 'item numbers' so you won't be able to separate out part of a consult to get you over the safety net threshold (like the $1000 then $3500 scenario you mentioned) as they are part of the same price for the same item number.

Can't help you out with Melbourne doctors, but I'd be surprised if they are all that pricey. I'm in perth where they are notoriously pricey and difficult to get into (you need to book an appt as soon as you dtd!,) and there are loads under $3K.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we just selected Dr Alex Ades and the fees is 270 for first week and then 4500 for the whole process.

i checked with another doctor in our area and they were charging 100 per visit and a management fees of 2600. But we have seen the doctor couple of times and he is a bit rude and my wife is not comfortable with going to him.
    has anyone seen Dr Alex previously.
    Last edited by apollo1; 14-06-2013 at 09:13. Reason: more info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Yep I have just booked into mine and his management fee is $2500 all appointments other than the initial appointment ($230 with $104 back from Medicare) are all bulk billed, the only other thing onto is my 20w ultrasound (I don't do the NT scan).
    He is a wonderful supportive OB who attended and delivered DS

Hi Cluky 79,

Hi Mum-I'm_hungry

Could you please tell me the name of your OB and their details . I missed out on private insurance and I am looking of an cheap OB that bulk bills or has reasonable fees that I can use in a public hospital. bonus. I would like to do share care through her private clinic but still use the public hospital for my birthing.

thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    Hi in 2010, mine total out of pocket expenses for everything was $2500, after medicare. i kept a spreadsheet. (anal much??)

So this covered all appointments, the big fee payable at 20 weeks, all standard tests & ultrasounds, gap payments for assistant surgeon & paed, and the co-payments for me and DS (he was admitted to the special care) to our health fund. The co-payments were $500 each, so that's a big chunk of the total.

I'm pregnant again and he has increased fees but basically each appointment is $80, and the management fee payable at 20 weeks is $1500. I won't see any other bills from him.

ETA - another 'good one' here
    Hi Peasmum,

Hi Mum-I'm_hungry

Could you please tell me the name of your OB, and bulk bills. I missed out on private insurance and I am looking of an cheap OB that with reasonable fees that I can use in a public hospital. bonus. I would like to do share care through her private clinic but still use the public hospital for my birthing.

thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Wow I can't believe the costs that some of these Ob's charge. My Ob put his fees up to $600 for the 20 week management fee and appointments were $45. I think I was out of pocket about $600-$800 all up and that's having an elective c/s.

Hi BabyG4

Hi Mum-I'm_hungry

Could you please tell me the name of your OB. I missed out on private insurance and I am looking of an cheap OB with reasonable fees that I can use in a public hospital. bonus. I would like to do share care through her private clinic but still use the public hospital for my birthing.

thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    My OB in Malvern has a management fee of $2500, $120 initial visit ($104 back from Medicare) and $60 each visit ($40 back from Medicare). He is an amazing OB and books out extremely fast.
    Hi BBJunior,

Could you please tell me the name of your OB. I missed out on private insurance and I am looking of an cheap OB with reasonable fees that I can use in a public hospital. bonus. I would like to do share care through her private clinic but still use the public hospital for my birthing.

thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dM26 View Post
    Hi BabyG4

Hi Mum-I'm_hungry

thank you
    Are you on the Gold Coast? My OB was on the Gold Coast but would only attend private hospitals for birth, not public!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I paid $3k for mine for all appointments and pregnancy management fee. Inner Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dM26 View Post
    Hi Cluky 79,

Hi Mum-I'm_hungry

Could you please tell me the name of your OB and their details . I missed out on private insurance and I am looking of an cheap OB that bulk bills or has reasonable fees that I can use in a public hospital. bonus. I would like to do share care through her private clinic but still use the public hospital for my birthing.

thank you
    Sorry Hun this was 2012-13 and from what I hear his prices have gone up by around $2k

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I paid $3k for mine for all appointments and pregnancy management fee. Inner Melbourne.
    Can i please ask the name of your OB?