+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: what hints/help made the first 6 months easier for you being a new mum pls?

Best tip?

Learn to let go, be stress free, worry less & just get on with the job at hand.

Life is now, this very moment. If you have a choice between rocking/cuddling/spending time with you child or cleaning? Do the first one.

Cleaning will always be there... Children grow up and leave home.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

ellagirl  (31-07-2013),SL1009  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what hints/help made the first 6 months easier for you being a new mum pls?

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: what hints/help made the first 6 months easier for you being a new mum pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Best tip?

Learn to let go, be stress free, worry less & just get on with the job at hand.

Life is now, this very moment. If you have a choice between rocking/cuddling/spending time with you child or cleaning? Do the first one.

Cleaning will always be there... Children grow up and leave home.
    Totally agree, the more quality time spent together the better.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what hints/help made the first 6 months easier for you being a new mum pls?

Subbing. What great advice everyone has!

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was coming in to say make up the cot with double sets of sheets and mattress protectors but I see someone else has already given that tip. Best one I ever got by miles.

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Also subbing! Bubs due in 6 weeks, and some of these tips sound like they'll be a godsend!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing! This is a great thread! Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a changetable with a baby bath thats slides out from underneath. Much better than lift up and somewhere to put the baby before and after bathing. I'd also highly recommend a bath support so you don't have to hold the baby. Great for use in baby or adult bath.

My other must haves were my brest friend feeding pillow. This was a lifesaver when I got tendonitis in my wrists.

A video baby monitor that plays music. For when they're in their own room and wake in the night. Often playing the music was enough to get DS back to sleep without getting out of bed!

A double electric breastpump is a must. Don't be afraid to buy secondhand as they are expensive. You sterilise it before every use anyway.

Not sure if it was just my son's nature but he loved to play for ages on his own in his activity centre. I could hear him pressing the buttons but be in a different room.

I personally found baby led weaning much easier than preparing purees.

Get foxtel or something to watch on tv to keep you occupied for those night feeds. You could easily be sitting for 1.5hrs at a time so go to the loo first and make sure tv remote and water/snacks are nearby and that you have a comfy chair.

Get some night time bras/tank tops. Your boobs will be like bowling balls when your milk comes in. If they leak alot you might need to sleep on a towel.

If possible have someone (such as your mum) stay for a couple of weeks after the birth to do as much cooking and cleaning as possible. Get your partner to do nappy changes so all you have to do initially is eat, sleep and feed the baby.

Join a mother's group and/or postnatal exercise or yoga class. Take your baby for a walk everyday if possible. A lightweight pram and baby bjorn were great. I personally couldn't get a sling to work for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub