+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Share your stash!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this topic has been done before, but I'm keen to know what everyone has in their mcn stash. After planning to use flats and covers only (motherease airflow...brilliant), I bought my first mcn a few months ago and proceeded to get hooked. I'm not too sure what makes them so addictive (in DHs who words - they're nappies, they hold poo!) but I'm getting a bit of a collection now. So, help me feel better about my problem... share yours! (I will be back to list mine..just gotta finish feeding the little miss)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I'll start....someone please join in so I don't feel like a nigel

I started out very old school and decided all I'd ever need was:

>52 flats and 11 covers in varying sizes; Motherease, Bummis and BBH plus a Disana wool cover
    >a whole bunch of ME liners
    >2 BBH wetbags

I then got hooked on and I've now got a mixture of Kissaluvs fitteds and hybrids (I love their wool cover), BBH, Bubblebubs ( bamboo delight it my absolute fave), Cushie Tushies, and a Greenkids, Bonnibuns workhorse, ME wizard and 2 Issy Bears that I'm prewashing ATM and can't wait to try. I'm also waiting for my Bumgenius 4.0 to arrive

I haven't stuck to one brand or style but I'm thinking I like pockets or fitteds + covers as they seem to contain DDs daily no. 3s the best!!

Did anyone start out with a mixture like me and then end up with a firm favourite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll share.
    7 cushie tushie knock offs
    9 coolababy (ebay) which I use with a bamboo insert
    4 papoose (ebay)
    5 bum cheeks
    2 green kids
    5 bambooty
    2 sunshine tots
    2 issy bear nights

I love my bambooties, they are aio but have flaps so they dry pretty quick. Want some more issy bears for night time so I can stop using the odd disposable when they're not dry.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just started mine, since I'm buying all my other baby stuff as well I have a pretty tight budget so I went with the ebay cheapies

I got my little ripple ones (30 for $110), which people seem pretty happy with (lots of great reviews, a few good you tube videos). Mine arrived overnight which shocked me (I was expecting a few days at least ). I am planning to get some bamboo boosters to add to the pocket with the micro fleece inserts to give them a bit more absorbency though

So far they look pretty good, decent stitching, no running colours etc but we will see how they stand up to the test of time after Bub arrives

I'm currently having a great time on you tube watching videos of people showing off their beautiful nappies, and picking up lots of hints and tips about using them properly I can see myself developing a nappy problem in the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have:
    6 x hippybottomus
    2 x BBH multifit
    4 x BBH large
    6 x BBH hemp fitted (hardly use them though)
    1 x BBH bamboo fitted
    4 x ppl covers
    2 x thirsty duos
    1 x bumgenius 4.0

Would love to try some more brands but DS is sooo chubby he's hard to buy for. With #2 I will have an excuse to buy more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Self confessed nappy addict here. This is my DS's stash:

Night nappies:
    3x Velcro Minky Issy Bears
    1x Krap Katchers Stuff 'Em Silly
    2x Itti Bitti Boos
    1x BBH Bamboo Fitted
    2x SHP Sandmans

Workhorse nappies:
    3x BBH Petites
    1x Bits For Bots
    2x Dribbly Cheeks
    8x Itti Bitti AIO
    6x Itti Bitti SIO
    7x Itti Bitti Tuttos
    1x China Cheapie
    1x Cute Tooshies
    1x Cheeky Butts

Pretties:
    2x Ugly Duckling
    3x Mia Moo
    2x Fe Fi Fo Bum
    3x Widdlewuns
    1x Bumcheeks
    1x Sugarshots
    1x Bum Rarpz Shark Pup
    1x Monkey Cloth Shop
    1x Jekali Jae

That's 54 nappies! Eek! I'm actually in the process of swapping my Jekali Jae for two Sugarshots, so make that 55. Oops. I buy most of my nappies 2nd hand
    Last edited by Kadorite; 24-06-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kadorite - you make me feel better! That's an awesome stash, how long did it take you to collect? I really want to get some pretties..the closest I've come to so far is a Christmas themed Issy (yeah..a little early in the year!). Which is your favourite?

Jonnysmama - what brand are the CT knockoffs? Do they work as well?

Amiedoll - how crazy is it? I never thought I'd get addicted..but it's so hard not too! Have you had your bub yet or is it still cooking?

Majestic Hiss - how do you find the hemp in comparison to the bamboo fitteds? I'm starting to like my bamboo ones (found it hard to get a good fit on my NB) but they take awhile to dry - I read the hemp are quicker?

I promised DH I wasn't going to buy any more until the Nappy Hunt in Sept (has anyone done this/got good discounts around this time?), but I've convinced him I need to put in an order for a couple of CT Chameleons - Brands Exclusive have them for $20 ATM and they'll be perfect to use as hybrids on an upcoming road trip holiday. I used one I bought of EBay for the first time today with the sposie insert and it was great.
    Last edited by nocturne; 24-06-2012 at 19:42.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nocturne For This Useful Post:

Kadorite  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine consists of:

4 BBH Multifit
    4 Bumcheeks
    6 bonnibuns workhorse
    13 itti bitti tuttos

I find it really hard not to buy more, but my stash is more than enough for 1 baby.

The cloth nappy hunt usually has some pretty good deals. Daily baby buys also have nappies reduced quite often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kadorite! What's your fav one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nocturne, the ct knock offs are snappy bums. They have a website if you google and sometimes on ebay. The prints aren't as nice as ct but still cute. I only use them for short periods now as the rise is a bit small for DS. I need to sell them but I'm lazy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub