+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 car seats in holden omega wagon when 2 are boosters and one a rear/forward car seat

I'm picking between two (used) cars - i need to replace mine. Hyundai i30 and holden omega

Anyone drive a holden omega wagon (or a hyundai i30) with slightly older children. I know it will fit a rear facing and forward facing and 1 booster, but will it fit 2 in boosters and one in a forward facing harness. I need a new car, and i dont want to out grow it in a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have one, but there are some pretty slimline boosters out there that would be narrower than most 5 point harnessed restraints.
    Do you have booster seats already, or would you be willing to replace them with other seats?
    You can check dimensions of seats on manufacturers' websites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no dont have the boosters yet! Would also like to use a capsule this time around if possible!
    I have one about to go into the booster, another about 18months off a booster and am yet to get pregnant but would like to plan ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 car seats in my Holden Astra. A capsule, SnS royale and SnS compaq. My 4 yr old is about to go into a SnS hiliner booster and the 2 youngest will move up a seat.
    We had our seats professionally fitted- it might be worth calling some restraint fitters to get their advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    the restraint fitters are no help unless you pay them $30- per seat to try in. This whole thing seems impossible to work out... i'm trying to plan ahead, i dont want to buy the seats now, i just want to know what will fit. I've found the perfect car, but dont know if things will fit in a year or two or three, and dont have the money to throw around and make the wrong choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just changed my seats around in the Astra- I used to have the capsule and 2x FF safe n sounds (a compaq and royale). I now have the royale RF, the compaq FF and a safe n sound hiliner. The compaq and hiliner fit together really well and I'm certain you would be able to fit 2 hiliners and a compaq in pretty much any car.
    The compaq profile sticks out quite a bit from the actual seat, whereas the hiliner sits right against the car seat and the "wings" fit neatly behind the sides of the compaq.
    It's a bit difficult to explain, but if you went to a baby shop and put the carseats on the ground together you could see how well they fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you cindye. I will do that.Ihave put a deposit on a car (hyundai i30 wagon) and am freaking out... but love the car - hope i can get the car seats in. Is it easy to do the seat belts up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit of a squeeze to fit my hand in, but not too fiddly. I've only been doing it for a week now, so I'm sure it will become easier as time goes on!
    Enjoy the new car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks again cindye... god i hope i can get them to all fit