+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had full intentions of working full time as close to my due date as comfortable.

I only got to work up to 28 weeks as I had a massive bleed and had to be hospitalised for constant observation/bed rest until DS was born.

I work in an office environment, very physically undemanding. The most draining thing was the commute (45 mins each way).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wasnt working when I had dd but with ds I was doing night shift (9.30pm till 7.30am, nursing) , I worked up till 36 weeks, he was a planned c section at 38 weeks.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    What job do you do? Surely you should be offered a stool or chair to sit? I remember years ago working at KMart and the pregnant women on the checkouts got a stool to sit on. Would your work accommodate this?

I'm not much help, I worked up until I was 38 weeks + with both babies. I had cushy office jobs though but it was still really hard to waddle to and from the car and around the office.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was working full time shift work as a nurse and worked up until 38.5 weeks I had to get medical clearance to do this though and my baby wasn't born until 42 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The company I was working for's policy was to finish up 6 weeks prior to due date so 34 weeks. However I was working full time in retail, also standing on my feet all day, and when my BP started increasing significantly and I was getting stressed at work I finished up. So I finished at 30 weeks. Just as well for me as I had my DD at 34 weeks, coincidentally on the day I "should" have finished up work hahaha

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    F/t at 29 weeks as my contract ended but i got a serious kidney infection at 22 weeks and was still suffering from it.At 31 weeks I filled in for my FIL secretary when she went on a weeks holiday which was like a holiday compared to my old job send maybe 3 letters a day vs 300-500, make up maybe 5 files a day instead of 300. Answer 15 calls rather than 150 before lunch. See 5 clients vs 200 you get the idea, mostly I read a book and enjoyed the aircon and not having to take public transport

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was preggers with Billy I left at 36+5 and delivered him two days later at 37 weeks due to high bp. I was struggling towards the end, office job, painful sitting all day. With this preg, I also have high BP (medicated) I am aiming to leave at 32-34 weeks so I will have maybe a month before bubs comes because I think I will deliver early again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you leave work when pregnant?

I worked up to 2 hours before birth :-p