+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default why do people have to be so rude?

Arrggghh, just having a bit of a sook here. Tonight I was running late for an appointment as I had been held up at my previous appointment. I did not have the phone number for the client of the appointment I was running late for so I raced back to the office to call him to appologise and let him know I was on my way.... Well he proceeded to rip shreads off me despite my best efforts to appologise to him. I am in the process of selling his landlords property so he is the tenant and technically not my client but I have tried to make sure we can all work together to get the property sold for my client and have endevoured to do my best to accomodate him and keep him in the loop with what is happening. I am just shocked by his hostile outburst this evening, infact I have been in tears I mean for goodness sakes I was running late to meet the photographer at the property (normally I would not even attened but because it is tenanted I thought it would be appropriate to be there), the tenant knew the photographer was coming, I did say I would be there and advised it would take 45 minutes and I was running 20 minutes late. The tenant was so awful to me that I have been in tears all night and now I am dreading doing the open for inspection on Saturday as the tenant will be home and in all honesty I dont really want to see him again.

Sorry for the whinge, I am just upset. Yes I did the wrong thing I was late for the appointment - sometimes things happen that are beyond our control but I just dont think there is any excuse to be so damm rude to another person when they are trying to offer an applogy.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hard not to feel horrible when someone treats you badly, just remember you are doing the best you can, he might just be having a horrible day, hope Saturday is better

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waitsee For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (21-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs*

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They Seem to forget you are a real person too. Hugs. I hope the rest goes smoothly for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

His outburst says more about him than it does about you. He might be stressed about the property being sold, worried that he'll have to move, worried how he'll afford moving costs, etc etc. It doesn't justify being rude and nasty though. Thank goodness he's not actually a client of yours. Once the property's sold you don't have to have anything more to do with him.

Hugs.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (21-06-2012),lovelymum  (21-06-2012),MrJones&Me  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (21-06-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sucks that he was so rude there's no need for that kind of behaviour.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (21-06-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't feel bad over being 20 minutes late. At the end of the day these things happen. He maypossibly be stressed over the property being for sale and worrying about stability or finding a new house etc. However I feel his reaction was un fair and un called for. Try to just forget about it, don't let him intimidate you and be the boss. Go there on Saturday with your head held high and act as though nothing happened. If he treats you like rubbish just think 'water off a ducks back' and continue to do your job.

You can do it We all have shizzle clients (or non clients clients in this case) at times and it can be hard, you just have to stay strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the lovely replies ladies. I don't know why I let this guy get to me so much. He is clearly a drama queen (or king lol) he called the landlord who is my client and had a big whinge to him about me and the property owner called me this morning and poor guy I let him have it. I told him that his tenants behaviour was uncalled for and unecesary and that I would not tollerate any further outburts. I assured my client that I was trying my very best to do my job and admitted I was late for the appointment and that I did call the tenant and try to applogise, my client is a nice man who told me that this guy is a bit over the top and appologised as he should have warned me. I totally understand that the tenant may be concerned about the property being sold however I have tried to be really accomodating and have taken the time to explain the process to him and let him know that he protected by his lease and that the property will more than likely be sold to an investor.