+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4yo with lots of questions about internal ultrasound

Had my 12 wk ultrasound yesterday ... We took our 4yo who is very excited but left the 2yo with grandparents. For some reason the tech needed to do it internally (which I really don't understand as my prev 2 pregnancies were fine on my tummy - but can only put it down to because I am a lot fatted now). Anyways the tech wasn't very discreet and dh didn't do a particularly great job of keeping ds focused on the tv screen and ds is now telling everyone he can that mummy had a stick in her bottom. We are playing drs ATM he keeps telling me to bend my knees so he can put the camera in ... Feeling pretty p'd about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah yes, the unfortunate 'dildo cam'

I sympathise, I had it twice during my pregnancy.

Hopefully your DS will kind of forget about it after a few days? Must have been very awkward indeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thks for the sympathy

I'm not too bothered about actually having it done but more so that ds was there and I have to keep hearing about it ... Unfortunately he has an excellent memory

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's kind of cute, although obviously not for you right now!! Is there anything you can do to distract him from thinking of it, in a major way... like a big exciting present or exciting trip to the museum or something... something to change the topic of what he is telling everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In private this would probably give me a little giggle but in public or if said to visitors etc I would be embarassed heh.

My son is almost 4 and we talk about our private parts and so if in your situation I would tell my son that what the dr (I know it wasn't a dr but my son would understand this language) did was private and that we do not play that game nor talk about it to anyone else.

I would also try and distract him if he commented or tried to copy what happened by talking about the baby in my tummy etc

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id just explain that the doctor had to use a special camera in your vagina, to see the baby. but its something only doctors do.