ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    3,131
    Thanked
    1,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Bullying

    Hi Guys

    My DD is in Year 2. She has been coming home over the last 6 months and also at the end of last year telling me about a certain child and what he has been doing to her.

    Last year it was teasing and words. This year it has progressed to her being hit with sticks on numerous occasions by this one boy. Then today he was hitting her. Friday last week he was hitting her with sticks .

    I have spoken to her teacher and also the deputy principal about this boy and then the OSHC (he also goes there as it is on school grounds).

    Her class teacher said that they are aware there is a problem and are working on it (still seems to be happening). Deputy went down and spoke to the class and was going to keep an eye on it (this happened a couple of months ago). Today the OSHC teacher said well what do I want them to do about it, they are working on it. What do I expect

    For starters I expect when I leave my child at school that she will be safe and not hit with sticks or anything else. I expect that there be consequences for his behaviour (he is 8). Not just to tell him to say sorry and go back to playing (that is not going so well).

    So...according to them I am just meant to tell the teacher and make a note of when I talk to them about it.

    Meanwhile she gets in tears and does not want to go to school

    I have had a look for their bullying policy and it is not available as it is being reviewed!

    I am over it! I am so ****ed!!!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,384
    Thanks
    6,431
    Thanked
    17,983
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That is completely unacceptable. Go straight to the Principal and if that gets you no where go to the dept of education. While they can't be there every second they have a duty of care to your child to ensure it doesn't keep happening. There should be detention and possibly suspension for this child given this is ongoing snd severe.

    Demand action or report them to Dept of Ed

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (18-06-2012),PomPoms  (18-06-2012)

  4. #3
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,039
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Id be telling them, they need to contact this little jerks parents and u want to sit down in a meeting with them as well as teacher as well as principal, that if things are not rectified soon, you wont be sending your daughter to school unless her physical safety can be guranteed.

    It is their duty to ensure this!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

    austmum  (18-06-2012),PomPoms  (18-06-2012)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    3,131
    Thanked
    1,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That is completely unacceptable. Go straight to the Principal and if that gets you no where go to the dept of education. While they can't be there every second they have a duty of care to your child to ensure it doesn't keep happening. There should be detention and possibly suspension for this child given this is ongoing snd severe.

    Demand action or report them to Dept of Ed
    See I agree! I think my DP and I will go and see the principal directly. We are working on her self confidence and telling her to turn around and yell at the top of her voice "leave me alone go away". There is only so much she can do though really. She shouldn't have to worry about it. I am just so mad about it and what appears to be a lack of action.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Id be telling them, they need to contact this little jerks parents and u want to sit down in a meeting with them as well as teacher as well as principal, that if things are not rectified soon, you wont be sending your daughter to school unless her physical safety can be guranteed.

    It is their duty to ensure this!
    The mother does a lot around the school which I suspect may be the cause of lack of action. My DP has said that we need to know what their policy is and demand to know how it is being implemented in this case.

    My heart hurts for her She has gone through so much in the past 18months and she is just re learning that she can say no and people SHOULD always listen!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,384
    Thanks
    6,431
    Thanked
    17,983
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would also be demanding to know what exactly is being done. They are saying they are dealing with it, but what does that consist of? detention, or just asking him to please be nice?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (18-06-2012)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    3,131
    Thanked
    1,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I would also be demanding to know what exactly is being done. They are saying they are dealing with it, but what does that consist of? detention, or just asking him to please be nice?
    According to my daughter he has to say sorry and he gets in trouble and then he goes back to playing. Not acceptable! It is not working this has been going on for months!
    Now I am at the stage I need to know the consequences and I need to know what will be done if this continues!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,397
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be asking school to see records of the bullying reports. Encourage your daughter to report every incident and the school should be recording it. (at least this is what our school does. I'm a teacher).
    Therefore there is paperwork recording every incident showing a pattern of this child's behavior. Ask the school if this happening! Then go in a report everytime. Nicely though. Ask them what they are doing... Saying sorry is obviously not working. This child should be excluded from play for a time.
    Repetitive behavior like that should be dealt with seriously. Approach the teacher and deputy again, advise them you'd like to meet with the principal as you don't feel it's really being dealt with. Which clearly it isn't. Sorry your daughter is going through this. Obviously the school isn't stepping up as they should. Sounds like they don't think it serious enough. As for their bullying policy, there should be something in the parent manual or an old version. If its a public school you can call state department and ask for it I think.
    It's very frustrating. I hope it gets better very soon.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (18-06-2012)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18,960
    Thanks
    1,546
    Thanked
    8,553
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is it a public school? Which state are you in?

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    3,131
    Thanked
    1,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Is it a public school? Which state are you in?
    Yes it is a public school in QLD.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,870
    Thanks
    3,131
    Thanked
    1,052
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I would be asking school to see records of the bullying reports. Encourage your daughter to report every incident and the school should be recording it. (at least this is what our school does. I'm a teacher).
    Therefore there is paperwork recording every incident showing a pattern of this child's behavior. Ask the school if this happening! Then go in a report everytime. Nicely though. Ask them what they are doing... Saying sorry is obviously not working. This child should be excluded from play for a time.
    Repetitive behavior like that should be dealt with seriously. Approach the teacher and deputy again, advise them you'd like to meet with the principal as you don't feel it's really being dealt with. Which clearly it isn't. Sorry your daughter is going through this. Obviously the school isn't stepping up as they should. Sounds like they don't think it serious enough. As for their bullying policy, there should be something in the parent manual or an old version. If its a public school you can call state department and ask for it I think.
    It's very frustrating. I hope it gets better very soon.
    I think I may see the teacher and also send and email. That way it is in writing.
    Thank you


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bullying
    By Blessedwith3boys in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 20:54
  2. is this bullying?
    By River Song in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 30-03-2012, 18:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
StorychestThe journal meets photo album meets scrapbook for the digital age. Capture and save stories and precious moments of ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Optimistic OctoberConception & Fertility General Chat
Help with private health insurancePregnancy & Birth General Chat
Glasses v contact lensesGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Ovulated both sides?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Does it feel like everyone is pregnant around you atm?Childless - not by choice (still trying)
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT