+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default would you wanna move?

ok the house i am in right this second is 290 a week. its ok, coz it has a beautiful deck, air con, and a half ok dishwasher. its 2 bed 1 study, its a older qlder. the things wrong are to many to count, but ill list some, you can see the ground threw the floor boards so heat escapes. there is holes in the walls (like screw holes like they made the walls out of wood from the tip) the kids cant use the back yard as its just dirt and ants (a huge ants nest under the house and they are everywhere) its on a main rd cross section,
    the house belongs to bil and he has rented it to us, we didnt have to pay bond thats why dp decided we would live here, i was against it but his family pushed us. i liked our old house. and when we got here, there was mold on the roof in the bathroom, tiles were broken in the kitchen, they still had their junk (was junk not just saying junk) still here, its tiny, there is no water pressure, and my dds window dosnt close prop (lucky there is iron things on it so know one can get in)

i hate it, and want to move, my dad wants us to move an has even offered to pay our bond. dp is hesitant as its his bil's

what would you do? the bil knows all the probs in the house. he recently had to fix apart in the front yard coz i fell down a hole and almost broke my ankle and i was worried for the kids safety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd move

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely I'd want to move.

I could overlook cracks in floorboards etc but what on earth is the point of a yard your children can't use?

If BIL isn't willing to fix that then I'd be packing my bags.

Is the $290 market rate?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be making plans to move hun. You could put up with a few of those issues if you had to, but for $290 pw you could do so much better.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Absolutely I'd want to move.

I could overlook cracks in floorboards etc but what on earth is the point of a yard your children can't use?

If BIL isn't willing to fix that then I'd be packing my bags.

Is the $290 market rate?

i think we pay more, thats what my dad said when he stayed early this yr. we could get so much nicer for 290.

how would i go about moving? we arnt on a lease, well i dont think we are, i didnt sign anything. would we give them 2 weeks notice, or try and find someone to live here? or what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't have even moved in so I'd definitely move out.
    It there's no lease or contract you could just move out when ever, really. There's nothing legally tying you to the house.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you can get somewhere nicer for the same amount you should be out in a flash. And don't feel bad about your BIL - he clearly hasn't felt bad about charging you like a wounded bull for a substandard property.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012),delirium  (18-06-2012),Rutabaga  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep I would move. As others have said you aren't bound by a lease, and if your BIL is more than happy to take your over inflated rent but not fix anything, what does he expect?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should move.

You may be entitled to a bond loan, but I think it would be better if you could borrow the money off your father.

Advantages of bond loan:
    * You don't have to pay it back until after you leave (and only if all your bond isn't refunded).

Advantages of borrowing money off your father.
    * Rental applications ask whether you are getting a bond loan, and this would be an informal arrangement that wouldn't need to be disclosed to the renting agent.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-06-2012)