+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My plan was to go through labour laying on my side but the pain was way worse lol!!! In the end I alternated between walking around and laying on my back. I gave birth on my back. This time I'm not sure how I will do it the only thing I know is I'd like to do it without pain relief again and with minimal intervention unless it's a medical emergency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For both labors i was on my feet the entire time, rocking but would lean over the back of the couch to rest in between. First labour was nineteen hours second was eleven. I pushed laying on my back for both. I had feet like an elephant after both with little wonder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to push while on all fours and did try but didn't seem to progress very well. I was doing ok fine on my back beforehand but change because a lot of people said it is harder on back.

So the midwife suggested I try laying on my back again. I was very hesitant but I'm glad I did because as soon as I got on my back each push was very effective. I rhink if i stayed on all four i would have been there all day getting nowhere.

Then they offered me a mirror so that I could see what my pushes we're doing, which I also thought I wouldn't want but it was the best because i could see what my pushing was doing and gave me the confidence and strength to keep going. It was also amazing to watch my DS come out!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First one - was put on my back and that's where I stayed. The midwives were total biatches and absolutely humiliated me. I ended up with a very bad 2nd degree tear and emotional damage too.

Second one, I had the bed head up at an angle and was slumped over it - was awesome!!!! I didn't push, just breathed through the contractions and let my body do what it needed to and DS arrived no tearing whatsoever!!!!

For me, being on my back was so much more painful and I felt I had no control whatsoever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought i would birth squatting/standing or on my back. I ended up birthing on my side! Sounds bizarre but it really worked for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went in with no intentions with DD1 and birthed kneeling over/leaning on a beanbag.
    With DD2 I went in with the intention of a water birth but my labour was quicker than expected and by the time I asked for the bath I was transitioning - no time for the bath to be filled and it was occupied anyway. I gave birth again kneeling/leaning over a beanbag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On my back both times, after active labours, where I was upright the entire time. I didn't want to birth that way, the plan was kneeling for dd2, but on my back worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried my back and on my knees upright in the bed I kept losing steam really quick up on my knees was like that for an hour and a half then when I sat/ laid in my back/side bub was born peice of pie within half an hour. It was just a case of moving about if something isn't working for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent alot of my labour in the bath on my knees but labour wasn't progressing so had to mix things up.

I did some squatting against the bed and then ended up giving birth on all fours. I had to lie on the bed at one point and hated it, needed the freedom to move around and try new positions.

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth to DS by leaning on the bed and squatting over the floor.

Gravity was my best friend as I was trying to push on my back for hours with no progression.