+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strange breastfeeding behaviour

Hi all. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my 14 month old (a lot!). The past few days he has started going backwards and forwards to each breast after a few sucks. I am wondering for anyone who has continued feeding while pregnant if you experienced any strange behaviours? Also did your supply drop and when? The only thing I can put it down to is my supply has dropped and he's getting frustrated but I'm not too sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is doing this too. He's the same age and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. He didn't seem to be frustrated though so I don't know. I think supply drops in the second trimester so it could be that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LollyDolly View Post
    Hi all. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my 14 month old (a lot!). The past few days he has started going backwards and forwards to each breast after a few sucks. I am wondering for anyone who has continued feeding while pregnant if you experienced any strange behaviours? Also did your supply drop and when? The only thing I can put it down to is my supply has dropped and he's getting frustrated but I'm not too sure.
    Hi I've tandem fed through 2 pregnancies I didn't have that many issues those times a bit of back and forth behavior which is them trying to stimulate your supply but not enough to concern me DS1 fed right up until the night I went into labour and the went one nursing strike for 2 weeks he came back to the breast and I tandem fed until he was 3 (he was 14months when DS2 was born) DS2 fed right through DDs pregnancy but he was older so it wasn't as much (sorry DS1 fed heaps, like a newborn after DS2 was born) I tandem fed DS2 and DD for around 9 months but he has weaned now. I was recently pregnant and my supply this time took a massive hit I was devastated I think it's really a hit and miss thing have you heard of the book Adventures in Tandem Feeding I found it really helpful.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (17-06-2012),LollyDolly  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I found my little one got very fidgety and fussy on the breasts when I was still breastfeeding pregnant and especially so in the second trimester. Apparently the taste of the milk changes for them when you're pregnant and can be bitter-ish tasting, so not as appealing as they're used to. In the end (both times I have nursed whilst pregnant) they eventually weaned themselves out of pure frustration!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

LollyDolly  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not exactly the same, but my two did this when i would get my period. I think it is because the milk can taste different?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

LollyDolly  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies. I thought that lots of people would experience the same sort of thing. I'm hoping to wean him before the baby is born only because he's so demanding with the breast and is on it all night long and tries to get at it all day, so I don't think I'll have the energy!