+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 week old with issues poo ing

I have a 4 week old and he seems to be having issues doing #2 he is both bottle and boob fed as I don't have enough in my milk to feed him but all the good stuff he needs....

He goes poo every few days but does fart alot the poo isn't hard it's like that modeling clay you can get he screams when he farts sometimes and just before he poos.

I was wandering if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone could give me some advise

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi there does he bring up burps? I found that my son had serious wind issues and we found burping him made a bit of an improvement. What formula is he on when not being breast fed? Sometimes the Gold formulas are too hard to digest for some babies and cause them to have belly aches. Its good that he poos every few days, I think thats the norm with breast fed bubbas..sorry I cant be too much help I only formula fed from birth but though I would share just in case you havent tried those things yet Good luck, DS was a very unsettled baby for a long time because of wind problems but eventually he got there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey

He does burp quite well. He is on lactogen which is whey based. Not sure what it might be but I figure I don't want to annoy the dr if he's quite normal apart from the pooing discomfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi my boy had the same thing and took him to the doc and ge checked his bum.. he has a little cut called anal fissure and now i out cream on it 3 times a day. i stopped the cream after a week and he started screaming when farting and pooing so i started cream again and he stopped being in pain..
    i would take him to the doctor to get him checked out if he is in pain..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We were actually using lactogen for a while and it was great until his wind problems arised again..turns out the lactogen wasnt thick enough for him. I also agree with pp in that its best to take him to a doctor because bubbas shouldnt be in pain with every poo they're doing. Many babies have wind problems but yeah if theyre in pain with most poos its best to visit a doctor

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ... I will be going to the docs this week fingers crossed its all good... What would be a good formula that you would suggest, i get lactogen coz its cheep and whey bassed (i had reflux issues as a baby he seems to also which is the other reason why he is mixed fed) ..... He even has the sniffles now poor thing any ideas on how to keep it from getting too bad I'll ask the doc when I see him but I like to get other mums opinions coz they have the life experience my mum has helped heaps but even after 4 of us there are things she never experienced.... Thanks very much for taking the time to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Motility disorders (slow bowel) go hand in hand with reflux stuff. Its often a motility disorder of the entire gastro-intestinal tract. Often a gentle laxative can help (osmolax is the least invasive and they can't become dependent on it - just pulls extra water into the bowel to soften the poo so they can pass it.)

Does he have any other reflux symptoms? Arching? Distressed? Does he settle easily? (Reflux bubs don't necessarily vomit).

Just a thought.

Jo Matthews
    President
    Reflux Infants Support Associaiton