Closed Thread
Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Is anyone else not planning on telling their dh/dp/df's parents straight away? I feel it's kinda different cuz you need your mum if anything was to go wrong but I would be really uncomfortable to discuss anything like that with his parents. And them having them know we would start trying again... I dunno it makes me feel icky...
    Am I the only one?
    It def depends what kind of relationship you have, it would be different for everyone depending.

For us, we'll prob tell DP's mum first honestly. She has been wanting grandkids forever haha! Also she's had a tough year so it will be such a nice surprise, we've been planning creative ways of surprising her too (like if we found out near mothers day or her birthday we could get her a grandma card and put a scan pic inside). My own mum passed away when I was 5 so DP's mum will be pretty important for me during pregnancy and after. We'll also tell my dad and our siblings before 12 weeks too and everyone else can wait

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post

Possible goals before TTC:
    1. Lose the extra 6kg or maybe even 9.
    2. 3 months before - Start taking supplements ie folate & iodine. I am already taking calcium with vitamin D and chewable vitamin c.
    3. Try to drink 2L of water a day. I suck at this!! Today I didnt drink anything until 3pm but once I realised I drank two 750ml bottles.
    4. Exercise, I suck at this too. Love exercising with friends but I am very inconsistant when I am left to my own devices!
    5. Take more notice of my cycle and start using OPK's for the 3 months before TTC so I have an idea of when we should aim to DTD hehe

I think thats enough to work on for the next few months!
    Welcome Cantwaitforabubba!

I think those sound like great goals! I agree with MrsLA's advice just to set fairly loose goals and don't get too stressed/anxious about them. I am definitely guilty of not enough exercise, I do enough running and walking but I want to start going to a yoga/pilates class. I think that would be hugely beneficial for pregnancy and birth esp since I'm prone to back problems. I've been meaning to get myself organised with that for a while, I should really get on it! Not long to go! Other than that, I think I'm going to grab myself a couple of pregnancy and baby books to start reading through. Anyone have suggestions for good books?
    Last edited by Tashee; 22-10-2012 at 23:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    It def depends what kind of relationship you have, it would be different for everyone depending.

For us, we'll prob tell DP's mum first honestly. She has been wanting grandkids forever haha! Also she's had a tough year so it will be such a nice surprise, we've been planning creative ways of surprising her too (like if we found out near mothers day or her birthday we could get her a grandma card and put a scan pic inside). My own mum passed away when I was 5 so DP's mum will be pretty important for me during pregnancy and after. We'll also tell my dad and our siblings before 12 weeks too and everyone else can wait

I think I'm going to grab myself a couple of pregnancy and baby books to start reading through. Anyone have suggestions for good books?
    tashee that's so good you have such a great relationship with your mother in law! She will be wealth of knowledge for you.

Hmm books... I'm going to get Baby Love by Robyn Baker, up the duff by kaz Cooke, save our sleep by tizzy hall and what to expect before your expecting. I have what to expect BEfORE your expecting and I've loved reading that. I've learnt a LOT!! I can't wait to buy the baby books. I'm still not sure when I should buy them? I'm worried reading any more than what I am now will send my baby making hormones in overdrive and I might actually loose my mind !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

Trio, I think having a sibling is so unbievbly important, 9.5 out of 10.
    One of the main reasons (def not the only reason) is I have a really good friend who had both of her parents pass away before she was 30, she is unable to have children of her own, so all she has now is her husband and her bro and sis. I would hate to think how hard loosing both her parents would have been, but it would have been so much harder without her siblings.
    That is one of my big reasons for sibs as well. I love my brothers! I want DS to have that chance as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    Went for a jog for the first time in ages this morning, pushing the pram made it harder, but it was good. I will only jog if it's dark or so early in the morning that I hope no one will see me!!
    I went for a jog with the pram awhile ago. It was about 9 in the morning so everyone was out. I was red faced and puffing. I just tried to smile to make it look like I knew what I was doing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Private doesnt actually provide much at all other than the private room.
    I think I am very lucky to have a public hospital with private rooms and a spa for labour. Especially since we are rural!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    See for me I think if anything was to happen I would be leaning on my mil.
    I have a great realationship with my MIL, luckly because she lives down the street! The inlaws were actually the first we told. We waited till DS was 8 weeks and annouced it at the family gathering for christmas eve. My family was told on Christmas day at our family gathering! We asked them to keep quiet, and we only started telling others after about 15weeks.
    Last edited by Trio; 23-10-2012 at 09:11.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

LilNightmare  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

My only goal to ttc is to convince DH haha
    Me too! and he is taking some convincing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the multi quotes everyone!

I LOVE how excited everyone is! I am so glad alot of you will be sticking around in this thread when your TTC and preggers.

Disney, I'm not sure what books I'm going to get this time. I know kaz cooke will be back though, and what to expect.

We had a awesome day at playgroup yesterday, the mums are lovely and the kids are wild. Saw the twins again, they have grown so much. Actually at playgroup yesterday there were 3 sets of girl twins. I so hope I add a set of boy twins to the group! Being a Mum sure has its ups and downs, but there is always one constant, the overwhelming love you have for your baby.
    Last edited by Trio; 23-10-2012 at 09:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You want twins, wow! That would be great but very scary at the same time, double trouble haha

I will settle for one, would love a pink one but would happy as long as the bubba is healthy. Thats the most important thing!

Books, well I think I have them all. I have been reading preggo books since I was 23, im 28 now! I have up the duff which is funny, save our sleep (havent read that one yet), what to expect before and after you are expecting, another one which is pretty good but I cant remember the name of it. I also get into the pregnancy mags Practical Parenting & Mother and Baby. I am a shocker for reading anything preggo related!! I also read novels that are based around babies and parenting hehe

Its taken me 5 years to convince DH its a good idea to have a baby, given our work situation things are a bit more complicated. Being self employed there is no maternity leave (this bit scares me!!). I finally have him agreeing we are in a position to give it a go. I am estatic at the thought, I cant wait till April woohoo.

Trio, a public hospital with private rooms and a spa for labour sounds amazing - you are very lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tashee thanks for the welcome, you are all so friendly and its great to have somewhere to get out all the excitement especially when my close friends are not in that place in their lives yet and dont understand how consuming the baby thoughts can be!