+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need to lose 15 to 20 kilos, please help!!

Hello!

A year after I've had my 3rd baby, I am the biggest I have ever been and nearly the weight at the end of my pregnancy.... I am iron deficient anaemic and taking a multi vitamin and iron tablets. I am a full time SAHM and lack a lot of motivation when it comes to looking after myself.

Does anyone have any tips or strategies they're happy to share that may help me on my weight journey??

I also hope this is in the right section...

TIA

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

I'm on the same path, sortof....I have 60 kilos to lose, but would be happy with 50

Take a photo of yourself as motivation, Google at home exercises..there are some great ones using things around the house. Also, search YouTube for weight loss motivational...there are some great things that can be found.

Also, ask yourself, WHY do you want to lose weight and then focus on the answers and how you may or may not look/feel in 12 months time whether or not you take on a healthy living lifestyle overhaul.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring lettuce and tuna, it can be much much more than that.

And remember, weight loss is purely low energy in - high energy out

If you need a work out buddy (depending where you are I guess) PM me.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTulips For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that support was what made the difference to me, as well has having a "plan" to follow. I joined Weight Watchers, and I loved it. To me, it was a program that made sense, was sustainable but gave me a guide as I felt I couldn't go it alone. Meetings provided a lot of support, but I told all those close to me what I was doing so they would understand and not push extra food on me at family events etc.

Changing my diet made a difference, but I really believe exercise was the key. Find something you enjoy and do it regularly, make it an appointment with yourself. I can't begin to tell you how much better you'll feel for it.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 words, PORTION CONTROL!
    Ive recently lost 15 kgs just by cutting down the amounts of what i eat. I eat off 'side' plates rather than dinner plates and stop when im full.
    I still eat everything i used to eat including KFC, i just have less of it in one go.
    I joined a gym and find going to the gym and having an hour to myself was motivation enough. (kids went in the creche).
    Ive now hit my 'first goal' which was to be back to pre-preg weight. My next goal is to get under 70kgs. I think setting small goals to achieve over time is easier than one big goal.

Also, expect that its going to take time no matter how you do it. Dont expect to wake up in 2 weeks time and be 10kgs lighter (it just wont happen). Its taken me about 8/9 months to lose 15 kgs.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    2 words, PORTION CONTROL!
    Ive recently lost 15 kgs just by cutting down the amounts of what i eat. I eat off 'side' plates rather than dinner plates and stop when im full.
    I still eat everything i used to eat including KFC, i just have less of it in one go.
    I joined a gym and find going to the gym and having an hour to myself was motivation enough. (kids went in the creche).
    Ive now hit my 'first goal' which was to be back to pre-preg weight. My next goal is to get under 70kgs. I think setting small goals to achieve over time is easier than one big goal.

Also, expect that its going to take time no matter how you do it. Dont expect to wake up in 2 weeks time and be 10kgs lighter (it just wont happen). Its taken me about 8/9 months to lose 15 kgs.
    Good luck
    That is a really good one about portion control. I am going to start using a smaller plate.

Thank you for these tips, I am going to work on a plan over the weekend and officially begin my journey Monday.

Are there any more words of wisdom out there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTulips View Post
    Hi there!

I'm on the same path, sortof....I have 60 kilos to lose, but would be happy with 50

Take a photo of yourself as motivation, Google at home exercises..there are some great ones using things around the house. Also, search YouTube for weight loss motivational...there are some great things that can be found.

Also, ask yourself, WHY do you want to lose weight and then focus on the answers and how you may or may not look/feel in 12 months time whether or not you take on a healthy living lifestyle overhaul.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring lettuce and tuna, it can be much much more than that.

And remember, weight loss is purely low energy in - high energy out

If you need a work out buddy (depending where you are I guess) PM me.

Good luck!
    That is a really good idea about taking a photo, I will do this. I will put it around my temptation points... Just hope I remember to take it down when friends come over... Ha ha I am also in the Sydney area, are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    I found that support was what made the difference to me, as well has having a "plan" to follow. I joined Weight Watchers, and I loved it. To me, it was a program that made sense, was sustainable but gave me a guide as I felt I couldn't go it alone. Meetings provided a lot of support, but I told all those close to me what I was doing so they would understand and not push extra food on me at family events etc.

Changing my diet made a difference, but I really believe exercise was the key. Find something you enjoy and do it regularly, make it an appointment with yourself. I can't begin to tell you how much better you'll feel for it.

All the best!
    I have heard Weight Watchers has changed their program, I might take a look. I also really believe exercise is a big factor, but my energy levels are non existant. I know I have to suck it up and push through though....

I also really like the idea of making an appoint, I will try this too....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined Weight Watchers in April. I think what I have learnt so far is that its about 75% food and 25% exercise. I am only going for 30minute walks 3 days a week then bouncing on a rebounder trampoline for about 20minutes during the week and im losing about 500g a week.
    I know it could be more but slow and steady is working for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no idea whether or not these tips work, but my ideas are as follows.

* Drink 500ml - 1 ltr half an hour before meals.

* If after eating a meal you still feel hungry, wait half an hour for your body to have a chance to recognise that you have just eaten. If you are still hungry after waiting half an hour, then yes have a second serve.

* Have healthy snacks availabe throughout the day and allow yourself to nibble on them. I prefer fresh fruit, vegetables, and sunflower seeds. (I like nuts also, but have been told that nuts can contribute to weight gain.)

* An alternative is to only eat snacks that require considerable preparation - such as crackers with slices of cheese and tomato - and only preparing them when ready to eat them.

* Earn your snacks - assign yourself some minor exercise that you require yourself to do before getting a snack. This could be as simple as a walk around the block, or more demanding like half a dozen sit-ups. Or you could make it more productive, such as mopping the kitchen floor, washing the car, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    - get the kids involved - helping making dinner, going for walks, etc
    - start small...go for a walk around the block every day for a while, then increase it.
    - go to the park with the kids and run around with them (I don't know their age)
    - write down everything you eat/drink and what exercise you do.

I think it's just a case of forming a habit and not breaking it! I say this..yet I do absolutely no exercise and my diet isn't great. Lol. But my mum has lost heaps and heaps of weight over the last year and she has just slowly increased her amount of exercise and also watching her portion sizes.