+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who has done a 3 day transfer?

This is my first complete ICSI cycle (my first one was cancelled before EPU) and it went really well, with all 7 eggs mature and fertilised.

I had my transfer on Monday, so it was a 3 day transfer...there was no discussion about the difference between 3 day and 5 day and of course then I had no idea (so relieved to actually get that far!). One was put in, and the rest were frozen at Day 3..

Of course, I'm reading everywhere and noticed that most people have 5 day transfers...should I be worried?

And if/when I go back for a FET, do they transfer the day its thawed, or do they let them grow for a day or two longer??

I'm getting the sense that 3 day transfers are the minority and not the best thing. Arrggh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reassuring words Meshell. Fingers crossed I guess. I wish my FS talked more about this bit, and that the scientists were not so rushed on the day and talked more about it...or that I actually knew something about this part! LOL. The scientist did say by 8 cell dayer was "lovely", so I guess who can argue with that?.

Good on your little 2 dayer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi i believe there is no right or wrong time to when to put the embies back. its one of those things where science just really doesnt know. ive put 3 day embryos in, 5 day embryos in no success (still waiting). dont beat yourself up about it. i know someone that fell pg on a 2 day embryo as well, so anything is possible.

goodluck to you xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zoe1974 For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Renvind,

I have done both 3 day and 5 day transfers and fallen pregnant with both. My son is the result of a 5 day transfer and I have conceived (but sadly miscarried) twins via a 3 day transfer. I have also had a number of chemical pregnancies and BFN with both. I think that both transfers are fine and that in the end is comes down to the quality of the embryo and a strong one will find a way no matter when it was put back. I hope this one is the one for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aloe vera For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my daughter is a 3 day transfer, ive had both and she is the only one thats here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone....I just need to quit freaking out - easy, right. Zoe74, did your clinic talk to you about the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by aloe vera View Post
    Hi Renvind,

I have done both 3 day and 5 day transfers and fallen pregnant with both. My son is the result of a 5 day transfer and I have conceived (but sadly miscarried) twins via a 3 day transfer. I have also had a number of chemical pregnancies and BFN with both. I think that both transfers are fine and that in the end is comes down to the quality of the embryo and a strong one will find a way no matter when it was put back. I hope this one is the one for you.
    Thanks, Aloe Vera - the scientist did call my embie lovely, so hopefully my insides are of good quality

Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    my daughter is a 3 day transfer, ive had both and she is the only one thats here
    Oh, beautiful! Congrats Katiana. that's great to hear!