+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find the centre link website so hard to navigate. Can someone tell me: does everyone get FTB or is it means tested. If so what's the income limit?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I find the centre link website so hard to navigate. Can someone tell me: does everyone get FTB or is it means tested. If so what's the income limit?
    http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ents/ftb_b.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    without a tax return they're unable to cross match and refund.

There have been some great thoughts here. I have a budget, and am being extra strict on it atm in case I don't get a new job before the end of my redeployment period at work. I'm within my $150 a fortnight food budget despite doing a pantry stock and if I can keep this up the sups will be 100% unaccounted for So YAY. I can treat myself. I might even consider a secondhand ipad!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I receive FTB A and B and I grossly over estimate my income. I am on a basic pension and usually do not do tax returns until I started my teeny weeny business.
    It only gives me an extra 100 bucks a month orso. Its more a hobby than that I make a lot of money. Yet I have to pay tax on it.

I'll have to keep my eyes open this year and see how much I receive. That 100 bucks isn't enough for Centerlink to cut my pension, but the ATO STILL wants a piece of it
    Completely off topic and may not be relevant but...You can make money from a hobby without the ATO touching a piece of your pie.

You cant claim deductions etc like a business but just wanted to make you aware if you didn't know already.

The ATO website has further details under the 'am i a business' heading.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CupidsVictim View Post
    Completely off topic and may not be relevant but...You can make money from a hobby without the ATO touching a piece of your pie.

You cant claim deductions etc like a business but just wanted to make you aware if you didn't know already.

The ATO website has further details under the 'am i a business' heading.

Are you serious???? My accountant keeps telling me I have to do a tax return and pay tax on the money I "make", which is bugger all if you take the costs of the materials and the amount of time I spend on making these items
    I'm so not impressed. I will ring the ATO first thing Monday morning. I haven't even got an ABN or anything, let alone a registered business name

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I haven't either except when I am a SAHM on parental leave. One year we got some FTB A and I got a tiny amount for the supp and when I questioned them they told me it is up to $700 per a child and the amount goes down the closer you get to the cut off.
    I haven't been cut of whatsoever. I still get the full pension though

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you serious???? My accountant keeps telling me I have to do a tax return and pay tax on the money I "make", which is bugger all if you take the costs of the materials and the amount of time I spend on making these items
    I'm so not impressed. I will ring the ATO first thing Monday morning. I haven't even got an ABN or anything, let alone a registered business name

I haven't been cut of whatsoever. I still get the full pension though
    You need a new accountant. Mine just screwed me over royally too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Izy  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im glad i said something now yes, definitely call the ATO!!

If you are only making about $100 a month and its a hobby of yours, i would consider it a hobby and not a business for tax purposes (im no accountant but i know plenty of them)

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/19785.htm

As a PP also mentioned... Find a new accountant

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah definitely looking for a new accountant now. I only went with this guy because he's my fathers business accountant and he was highly recommended. He charges $125,- do a basic tax return, so that's like 10% of what I "make" per year lol.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah definitely looking for a new accountant now. I only went with this guy because he's my fathers business accountant and he was highly recommended. He charges $125,- do a basic tax return, so that's like 10% of what I "make" per year lol.
    Yeah my accountant charges $120 per BAS and $300 for a tax return!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know when we receive this payment, is it just around tax time? =)