+ Reply to Thread
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Told to "take it easy"

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and bleeding for the second time this pregnancy. I went to emergency yesterday, and for the second time, heartbeat was fine, cervix still closed. The doctor told me to keep an eye on it, if it gets worse or comes back I'm to go back in, but for the meantime I'm to "take it easy" while i'm bleeding and for 2 weeks after. She wasn't terribly specific about taking it easy. She said i can still go to work, but no sex, no heavy lifting (including DS if i can help it), no strenuous exercise. I'm having trouble deciding what heavy lifting and strenuous exercise is. No carrying shopping bags? No walking up the hill 15 minutes to work? Or no moving houses and marathons? I can't do nothing at all, but I don't want to overdo it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was told the same thing while pregnant with DD2 (after bleeding) and i just went about things as normal but didn't have sex and didn't do any major lifting. I still carried the groceries, i still walked, i still picked up DD1 (but mostly tried to kneel down with her rather than pick her up, if i could avoid it).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the same boat, different complications. I just listen to my body, try to rest as much as I can. I dont carry shopping baggs unless they are lite like bread and eggs kind of lite, I walk very slowly nothing that elevates my heart beat or breathing to much. More or less only things I absolutely have to do is being done right now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have very low iron & dr told me to lay down & rest as much as I can but still try & keep active so I know how you feel. Just do what you feel you can do or your body feels that you can do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cool Cookies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went through the same thing in my last pregnancy, and bascially it was a case of not being allowed to lift my heavy toddler into the high chair, bath, car etc, no lugging heavy shopping bags, just common sense sorts of things. They also *ideally* would like you to have some bed rest, but we all know that never gets achieved when you have other kids/house to run etc.

Just go with what feels comfortable, walking up the hill should be ok, if you're not putting too much stress on your pelvis with a heavy stride/climb etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My interpretation would not to be lifting anything heavier than about 2 kilos and moving around alot less. This would probably include no major housework like vacuuming, cleaning showers etc If you have other means to get to work, maybe mix the walking up with catching the bus etc

One of my pregnancies, I had bleeding on and off until about 23 weeks. It was a major rollercoaster of worry. But, I have a beautiful nearly 3 year old and everything was fine. Goodluck to you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    My interpretation would not to be lifting anything heavier than about 2 kilos and moving around alot less.
    Agree with this, only because after my op to remove CIN3 cells from my cervix, this is what I was told. No lifting over 2kg.. Not even a 3 litre bottle of milk.

Though I have no experience pregnancy wise.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are just explaining how my whole pregnancy has been this time. I am still having bleeding and it is coming from my placenta. I have been on bed rest a few times through this pregnancy and have been told to rest again after seeing my OB on Wednesday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I'm mainly asking so I can let work know what i can and can't do. Most mornings I'm moving around furniture (mostly on wheels but still quite heavy) and i have to lift some heavy crates and push heavy trolleys, which I guess are all out.
    I have already had to modify my Dingle Dangle Scarecrow at story time due to dizziness

I also think this means it's time to get DS in a toddler bed, as I have to lift him into his cot at naptime.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub