ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I'm in Sydney. In the shire. What about you?
    Im the same, always been impatient with everything! This is only my second cycle too haha.. My husband told me I'm obsessed :-/ google doesn't help either!
    I'm in Melbourne. The Shire hey? I know you get this all the time but is that where that new show is being filmed? haha! It looks like Australia's version of The Hills! How old are you and how old is your DH if you don't mind me asking?

Looks like we are in the same boat! I chatted to my DH over dinner the other night about TTC and he has agreed that if AF shows up this month then we are going to be right on this month with tracking my cycle, OPK's, DTD at the right time etc. etc. I think he is almost as impatient as me!! At the same time though I don't think he realises how complicated the whole process is. I have to admit, I was pretty naive at the start because I always thought that as soon as I stopped taking the pill I would be pregnant! Didn't realise there was such a science too it. Also was surrounded for a bit with a few girls who ALL got pregnant the first month they tried so I guess I thought it would be easy for me too! Anyway, my doctor had said to me around 3-6 months so hopefully its our turn soon!!!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w8ting4baby View Post
    Any news yet tough love ??
    Haven't gone to get any more tests yet. Shark Week came on the 17th last month so I'm going to try and hang out a few more days to totally eliminate the chance of SW sneaking in a surprise visit.
    I want it to be a nice clear double line, not a chance of chemical pregnancy.

My logic is; if I don't buy any tests until the end of the month, then I can't use any tests until the end of the month.
    And then I can't be disappointed with a negative that may be a early positive.

Although seeing all of these positives is sending me mad! I'm willing to do a test and just draw on a double line so I can join the club!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Haven't gone to get any more tests yet. Shark Week came on the 17th last month so I'm going to try and hang out a few more days to totally eliminate the chance of SW sneaking in a surprise visit.
    I want it to be a nice clear double line, not a chance of chemical pregnancy.

My logic is; if I don't buy any tests until the end of the month, then I can't use any tests until the end of the month.
    And then I can't be disappointed with a negative that may be a early positive.

Although seeing all of these positives is sending me mad! I'm willing to do a test and just draw on a double line so I can join the club!
    You have awesome willpower!!! I could never hold out that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good theory about buying the tests toughlove! I'm going to do a bulk purchase online lol....

BabyFever - most of my gfs have all fallen pregnant first shot! When it happens around you like that it makes you even more impatient! I just want to get UTD.... RIGHT NOW!

Wondering why I didn't buy some OPK tests when I thought about it last month? Oh that's right I was trying the cool, calm and collected approach.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyFever View Post
    I'm in Melbourne. The Shire hey? I know you get this all the time but is that where that new show is being filmed? haha! It looks like Australia's version of The Hills! How old are you and how old is your DH if you don't mind me asking?

Looks like we are in the same boat! I chatted to my DH over dinner the other night about TTC and he has agreed that if AF shows up this month then we are going to be right on this month with tracking my cycle, OPK's, DTD at the right time etc. etc. I think he is almost as impatient as me!! At the same time though I don't think he realises how complicated the whole process is. I have to admit, I was pretty naive at the start because I always thought that as soon as I stopped taking the pill I would be pregnant! Didn't realise there was such a science too it. Also was surrounded for a bit with a few girls who ALL got pregnant the first month they tried so I guess I thought it would be easy for me too! Anyway, my doctor had said to me around 3-6 months so hopefully its our turn soon!!!
    Yep it is where the shows filmed! It starts tonight so I'm getting pretty keen to see what it's all about.
    I'm 25 and DH is 23.
    It makes you wonder how some people get pregnant so easily and others take up to a year! I'm really hoping it doesn't take a year as I think I'll go mad before then..
    Opks are great I've been using them and also temping. I'm addicted to temping, it gives you a much clearer view of your cycle.
    Wednesday is getting closer and my cramps are getting stronger please stay away AF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it is where the shows filmed! It starts tonight so I'm getting pretty keen to see what it's all about.
    I'm 25 and DH is 23.
    It makes you wonder how some people get pregnant so easily and others take up to a year! I'm really hoping it doesn't take a year as I think I'll go mad before then..
    Opks are great I've been using them and also temping. I'm addicted to temping, it gives you a much clearer view of your cycle.
    Wednesday is getting closer and my cramps are getting stronger please stay away AF!
    Temping is when you take you tempreture daily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adearl View Post
    Temping is when you take you tempreture daily?
    Yea - use a bbt and take it when you wake up in the morn (must be same time every day) before you do anything else!

Afm - have horrible itchy throat which kept me up for ages last night. Finally got to sleep and had a huge temp spike this morn (36.52 up to 37.19..!) feeling really flu-ey today so I reckon I've come down with something :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried temping... and have been shocking over the last 2 weeks! Being away from home at conferences and things has made it hard.. but I really got a kick out of charting my temps. Is that sad??? LOL!

I did notice that if I took my temp so much as 30 mins after the usual time, it threw things out of whack. It was interesting to see how much my temp changed if I so much as got up and went to the toilet before taking my temp! I only managed to do a month & a half of temping before I blew it over the last week!

I went and ordered myself a bunch of opks & preg tests off ebay tonight! LOL!!! Let's just hope that the preg tests are the only ones I use. I don't want to make it to cycle 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLovin View Post
    good theory about buying the tests toughlove! I'm going to do a bulk purchase online lol....

BabyFever - most of my gfs have all fallen pregnant first shot! When it happens around you like that it makes you even more impatient! I just want to get UTD.... RIGHT NOW!

Wondering why I didn't buy some OPK tests when I thought about it last month? Oh that's right I was trying the cool, calm and collected approach.........

I am the same!!! All the girls around me have made me feel like it is WAY easier than it really is. I was speaking to another friend the other week though who said it took 5 months for her second, so that gave me a bit more hope!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 25 and DH is 23.
    It really does make me wonder how some people get pregnant first month and others take so long! I still can't get my head around the fact that even if you get the timing right and dtd in your fertile window then it STILL doesn't happen? I haven't tried temping yet, but I am thinking if AF shows up then next cycle I am going to really stick with the OPK's.

Have you had any signs of AF showing? I have cramps on and off and am a bit emotional but no other signs. I am getting little waves of nausea too but I am not sure if that is because AF is on her way or because I am over thinking everything. I feel like we got the timing totally right this month (as opposed to the other two months) so I am crossing my fingers and toes that this is it! I still can't bring myself to test though because I really dont want to see a negative. If I am not pregnant, I would rather know by AF showing up than only seeing one line on that stick!! I too hope it happens for me sooner than a year because by then I will have definitely torn all my hair out and gone crazy hahaha!