ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spin off... Strangers?

After reading a post recently claiming everyone on here to be a 'bunch of strangers' I would like to know if others got a bit offended by that call. I did. Ok so granted we don't all catch up for coffee on a weekly basis but we do talk almost every day, we help each other when needed we laugh together, we cry together. Are we all just a bunch of strangers to each other who shouldn't really get involved in each others lives, who shouldn't care about each other?

Thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm going to tread lightly here as I suspect this thread may be closed but I'll respond....

there are many people here I have never met in my life, but several I consider good friends. over the years here long termers have shared their trials, hopes and fears with the group and I feel like I know them, just not IRL.

I think when people confide a lot of personal details over a long period, and people give their time regularly to respond I understand they may be hurt by being branded 'strangers'.

I have never met the girls in my ttc after m/c group but they are great support to me and I would never label them strangers

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (12-06-2012),ComeBackKid  (12-06-2012),FirstTimeMummy2012  (12-06-2012),Jakois  (12-06-2012)

Guest Guest
    Yes we are all strangers, but if you don't want to talk to strangers or hear what they have to say, simple, don't start a thread asking for their opinions.
    Have a coffee with your real life friends and ask their advice if it'll matter more.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Californication  (12-06-2012),Catkin  (12-06-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (12-06-2012),ComeBackKid  (12-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't get offended by it.

I guess that the people I regularly engage with on here or I have spoken with through private messages I would consider casual acquaintances but they are still strangers in respect to the fact that I have never met them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are some people on here who have become complete strangers to me and I wonder why I ever courted their friendship in the first place. It's a lack of authenticity, it just shimmies across the internet.People are hells bells all kinds of weird.

Perhaps that is what was meant by the stranger comment?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have met people from here, have contact with others online, and sometimes see user names that i dont recognise.
    I dont really count those I interact with as strangers, i think if you know things like how often they change thier bra, or if they like sex when pregnant, you arent strangers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Technically yeah I guess a lot of you are strangers to me but also a lot of members I would consider friends and not necessarily just the ones I have met.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    to me its like school, some people were my friends, some i was acquainted with, some i recognised but didn't talk to and some i didn't even recognise

so...sure, some of ya'll are strangers, but i have several good friends here *shrug*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (12-06-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree, my very best friend I met online and not in person until 3 years later. We definitely weren't strangers.

If anything, it's almost more difficult when you do meet them IRL because for me, personally, I share an awful lot of my life with my BH friends and a lot of stuff I wouldn't tell people IRL I do tell a few BHers.

Something sh!tty happened with DP a few weeks ago and a group of my dear BH friends were the first - and only - people to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To me, bubhub (like forums and the internet in general) is full of strangers.

However I've grown very close to some members especially in my April 2011 dig. Even though I've only met a few of them in real life i feel exceptionally close to them and appreciate having them in my life.

I also have other hubbers on my fb for example who i haven't met in real life (and some which i have) but i definitely consider friends.

Some times the objective advice of 'strangers' on here has been something i have sought and appreciated.

I would not however post on here asking for help then go off that you're all a bunch of strangers so you don't know what you're talking about because i don't get the answers i want.

As in real life and with real friends, you can pick and choose what advice you listen to and follow.

I for one appreciate the strangers and friends I've come across on bh. I've had my breaks and sworn off it but i always find myself coming back because the people I've met through here and the friends I've made are just invaluable.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ComeBackKid For This Useful Post:

BNK  (12-06-2012)