+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hyperemesis sufferers

Hi Everyone

I got my BFP a week ago. This will be baby number 3, previous pregnancies I suffered HG and am wondering if anyone out there has ANY advice on ways to prevent / ease it any.. I have been taking 25mg b6 3 times a day for 2 months after reading something on the net saying it reduces severity of HG if taken prior to conception..
    Any tips, tricks, advice welcomed with OPEN ARMS!!!!

I look forward to hearing ur stories

2. The Following User Says Thank You to number3 For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it can also be related to spikes/crashes in blood sugar, so snacking on low GI foods can help to maintain it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    out of curiosity what gender are your other kids? i had it with my daughter and not my son, its apparently more common in pregnancies with girls.

Oh, i ended up taking Zofran for it

I really hope you can keep it under control this time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks pregnor I had it from week 5 til birth with my son, and week 5 til week 20 with my daughter! I also m/c triplets at 10 weeks and suffered HORRIBLY from what felt like conception until then..
    I had ancolan tabs with my son as well as IV fluids numerous times, with my daughter I took maxolon (no good) phenergan which eased it a bit but made me tooo groggy, IV fluids helped.. The m/c I was admitted to hospital week 6 after vomiting over 30 times a day and horrendous non stop nausea, they gave me intramuscular phenergan, zofran and IV fluids..
    Will be taking each day as it comes..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found 3rd time around that I *just* had to cope, there was once that I nearly told DH to take me to ED but he couldn't bc he was in a new job. It was hard. I used sea sickness bands, homeopathy and FORCED myself to drink a freshly made veggie juice EVERY morning even if I chucked it up 2min later, veggie juices get absorbed into the blood ****** as soon as they touch your mouth your getting *some* nutrients. There is also studies that show you can get *use* to the HCG levels in your system and I felt I had kind of gotten use to them even though I was still chucking 20+ times a day right through. I also took HUGE amounts of vitamins, drank herbal teas and did nothing but take the eldest to school and rested while DD2 made me imaginary cupcakes, had her toys next to my bed. I felt taking every single oppourtunity to sleep, stayed in bed every weekend while DH looked after the kids helped... It's not fun!!! But I don't know, I just felt it wasn't AS bad 3rd time but I still chucked the same amounts?!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds terrible. while you are feeling well it may be worth stocking up the freezer with easy healthy meals.

I actually have up gluten part way through the pregnancy and that helped a lot

Good luck!

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Number3, congrats on you pregnancy! I would have to seriously consider whether I could go through it again after rampant severe HG with my only pg ~ my now 11mo boy. Chucked constantly 8-10hrs of every day, starting at 4w, easing a little about 27w but with odd bad day, and resuming about 32w and going through till the birth at 34w. I threw up nearly all through the birth and for 4hrs afterward. Then like a mirage, it was gone. Was hospitalised for IV fluids many a time.

I did the old 'have a dry biscuit before you get up in the morning' and prayed I could lay in each day for as long as poss ~ as soon as I moved, bleurghhh. The acupressure wrist bands helped a bit. Tried the vegie juice, but it tended to come up. So I literally lived on Sustagen and Up and Go's. Avoided strong smells, like coffee and spices, etc. Ginger tablets. Maxalon 3 times a day, first thing in day with the cracker, onwards.

My real saviour was water therapy. I'd go from the bath to the shower, back and forth. Relaxing in the bath if just nauseated, in the shower every time I chucked. I'd do this for up to 8hrs a day, anything to ease the unremitting torture. When I finally stopped vomitting, just for a while, I'd go for a walk to get my mind off it, didn't care if I hurled, just carried a plastic bag with me everywhere. A couple of times in the hospital, after they had done all they could with fluids and anti-emetic meds (and allowing me to shower a few times), I discharged myself against their advice, because I had to get back to my beloved shower and bath ~ theirs wasn't good enough, they'd done all they could, and the mental agony of the nausea was too much.

If I think of any other tips that may help, I'll post here.

Good luck with your pregnancy. I hope you don't suffer so badly this time around. It truly sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck op.. I hope it isn't too bad for you this time round.

I had it from 8 weeks till the day I have birth! The only thing that helped me was zofran.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One word - Zofran

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, hoping its not as bad for you thus time around!

Im on pregnancy #3 and get extreme hyperemesis. Maxalon does nothing for me. Each time I get hospitalized the IV fluids really bring me back. I take Ondansetron which is the best thing I've found! I'm nearly 16w this time, and somedays lately I've felt I haven't needed the three tablets, that one or two during the day keeps me going.
    I'm hoping the MS is slowing down- last pregnancy I had it bad for much longer- but it feels like its easing!
    Good luck to you

Lindy