ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Little Birdy, have you rung the ABA they are a wealth of knowledge on all things breadfeeding related and can advise you on the best course to take. It *may* be a little difficult trying to find a health professional (as in a GP) who is knowledgable in breastfeeding, as they *usually* have a very basic and general knowledge of breastfeeding especially older babies etc, but they should have a knowledge in terms of medication you can take etc. A lot of women find Motilum is great for low supply issues and that is prescribed by a Doctor. All the best!

thanks, I've tried the ABA (and love love love ABA) but of course they can't provide medical advice, and doctors generally don't know much about breastfeeding, let alone non-newborn bfing, so I really don't know what to do. I really need to see a medical person who is also a BC. I don't know if I want to take supply increasing meds all month to fix a problem that only happens 4 - 5 days a month, since I'd probably end up with over supply the rest of the time (I had oversupply and needed to block feed for the first 6 months or so)

Thanks for the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Little Birdy, have you rung the ABA they are a wealth of knowledge on all things breadfeeding related and can advise you on the best course to take. It *may* be a little difficult trying to find a health professional (as in a GP) who is knowledgable in breastfeeding, as they *usually* have a very basic and general knowledge of breastfeeding especially older babies etc, but they should have a knowledge in terms of medication you can take etc. A lot of women find Motilum is great for low supply issues and that is prescribed by a Doctor. All the best!

thanks, I've tried the ABA (and love love love ABA) but of course they can't provide medical advice, and doctors generally don't know much about breastfeeding, let alone non-newborn bfing, so I really don't know what to do. I really need to see a medical person who is also a BC. I don't know if I want to take supply increasing meds all month to fix a problem that only happens 4 - 5 days a month, since I'd probably end up with over supply the rest of the time (I had oversupply and needed to block feed for the first 6 months or so)

Thanks for the advice