+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Supply drop during period?

Does anyone else have a supply drop during their period? What do you do about it? Please help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know about an actual supply drop but I do know that your milk tastes different at that time and some babies feed less because they don't like it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely had supply drop during my period. My first born just had to deal with it initially unfortunately, but later on i built up a bit of reserved expressed milk, and my second born I pumped from the moment I could so he always had a back up supply. I was never in abundance of milk for my children I always felt like they barely got enough - but they both fed til over 12 months (6-7 months exclusively) and grew so I guess we got thru. I seem to get my period really early (after 1-2
    Months with both).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I never had a supply drop or supply issues, however everytime I had a period, there would be fussing at the breast which would make let down take a bit longer which I never had at any other time during nursing and I would definitely put it down to the change in taste of the milk during those days when having a period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about supply drop because by the time I got my period my boobs had well and truly settled down. I got more biting and fussing though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only noticed once my DS was older and only feeding a couple of times a day. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that taking a high dose of calcium with magnesium from around ovulation until a couple of days into your period can help prevent the drop. I think it worked for me. Sorry I have no details of the dose but if you google you should find reference to this. I took Nature's own ultra calcium. Sorry again I can't remember how many (not as many as the dose on the bottle).
    Sorry I'm so vague, I stopped breastfeeding a while ago. Just google and you should find the info.Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no experience with breast feeding but a friend of mine went to her dr and they have her a tablet to take, not really sure what it was but she said it worked a treat

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf...al-treatments/

Here it is but it's not the only reference to it. Scroll down the page to find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'm a bit worried about messing with electrolytes though without any professional advice. If anyone can recommened a health professional who is knowledgable in bfing and 'older' baby and supply drops/ Ca Mg treatments I would be very grateful. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Little Birdy, have you rung the ABA they are a wealth of knowledge on all things breadfeeding related and can advise you on the best course to take. It *may* be a little difficult trying to find a health professional (as in a GP) who is knowledgable in breastfeeding, as they *usually* have a very basic and general knowledge of breastfeeding especially older babies etc, but they should have a knowledge in terms of medication you can take etc. A lot of women find Motilum is great for low supply issues and that is prescribed by a Doctor. All the best!