ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A friend of mine went through this recently, her DP was just going off at the tiniest things. He proposed lol, the entire time he was stressing about proposing that he was taking it all out on her. She said she felt like bloody well saying no after his behaviour!

Is there anything coming up between the two of you? A holiday or something stressful that needs organising or saving or whatnot.

Btw it's not as though you're buying designer clothes and shoes, you've recently lost a lot of weight, you can't go around wearing sacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks benji. There's no upcoming anything that I can think of... And I'd be really shocked if he was planning anything.

That's what I think about the clothes too. Im doing it all fairly cheaply, because I know I can't afford too much more but do need some stuff!

He left the couch a bit ago and I'm actually thinking he may have just drove off without a word. If he did I'll be seriously ****ed.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe he found out you are letting other guys buy you drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that a lot of it comes down to him feeling insecure since you have lost weight and your increase in confidence and the increase in attention you are getting from guys.

This is pretty common when a partner loses weight or changes their looks or personality in some way.

Try talking to him about it, maybe go out to dinner or something so you can talk about it on neutral ground.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What has happened?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

lovemybabies!  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope everything is ok.

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. I think he sounds threatened too...

Maybe you could do something to just reassure him that you have no intention of going anywhere... ???

I don't know. He's being a real jerk right now though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    I could be WAY off the mark here, but I honestly think it sounds like he is insecure now you are on this journey, losing weight, discovering yourself, new confidence etc. It sounds to me (and I could be wrong) as though he is scared you are going to look at him now and go 'hmmm I could do better', so he is pushing you away, distancing himself and almost daring you to hurt him now rather then later.

Like I said I could be way off but this is what I thought of straight away when reading this x
    Yes... This is what I thought too. I acted the exact same way 2 years ago when DH got a fabulous new job working with gorgeous people in a gorgeous suburb. He would xome home with new clothes and have lots of functions on. Meanwhile I was at home with 2 kids and pregnant. I was SO resentful and everything about him annoyed me.
    The truth was I was terrified I was going to lose him and he was 'leaving me behind'. I was bitter and resentful and your DP sounds the same regarding your weight loss and buying clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Just by what you write here, I've noticed it seemed to begin when you started losing weight. I'm also wondering if he's feeling insecure.

have you sat him down and asked him what's wrong?

You bought yourself a couple of pairs of target shoes and a pair of pants ffs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided I should probably update you... lol.

Nothing interesting happened. He didn't leave me at this parents, he'd just moved outside. I rang my mother, to chat, and to sort of see if she was going to be home in case I wanted to just escape and have somewhere to go for hte night (just the night, not long-term).

He came in while I was on the phone and obviously wanted to make up, but when we started talking he said something about how I had to, "Get your effing priorities straight!" and him swearing at me made me angry so I stormed off. Told him not to talk to me like that, blah blah.

I eventually left and came home (not sayign a word to anyone) and planned to go to Mums. Started packing my bag and DDs for the night... he came home... blah blah.

Talking... then I decide to go...

Then I don't. More talking...

I think we got out what we both needed to get out. His issues are not shoes or anything... and I told him some issues I've had too...

I'm hoping that knowing how the other feels (well, he pretty much always knows how I feel because I talk about it, but he never does, so this was good for me, to hear some stuff from him).

Things are fine today... I hope he continues to open up to me.

As for him feeling threatened, he might. I know he probably has an issue with me going out, but I'm not going to NOT ever go out just because he feels weird about it. I'm not going to ***** about so he needs to get over it. I got over hte fact he'd go out when he was at the mines... even though he had a room to go back to and heaps of girls willing to go back there with him... so he should do the same.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post: