+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Booked in tomorrow, worried about after.

Well I never thought I would find myself here but I am, I've decided an abortion is the best thing for me to do. I know I will not cope with another child and pregnancy right now. I am worried with hubby away how I will cope after, my mum is taking me and dropping me home but I will have to look after the kids myself, I have friends popping over but for the most of it I will be alone and I am really unsure how I will feel after.

Can anyone tell me what to expect physically?

Also I really can't wait for the morning sickness to go away can anyone tell me how long that will take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have any advice. I just wanted to offer you virtual hugs. Here you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No experience, but big hugs to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sending you massive hugs xxoo

Is there nobody you can get to stay with you at least til the kids are in bed?

When i had mine, it took me a lot longer then expected to snap out of the anesthetic at the clinic, then I was really sick for a few hours after (vomiting, dizzy etc). I was still pretty out of it that night, and needed help with my DD, getting her to bed etc.

You might be fine, but of you *can* get someone to give you a hand, it would be better for you as you won't have that added worry.
    Good luck xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You will be sore after wards & maybe a little feeling of the drugs they put you under. I had one last year & I found that the after affects like the bleeding & tissue was the worst. Make sure you talk to someone about it after, I found I didn't cope blamed myself for it & I have regrets that I did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear that Thermolicious

Afterwards you'll feel tired and groggy (I had nausea and vomitting, but not everyone does) from the anaesthetic and I had a period-like dull ache for a day or so.

You really should have someone with you if you can. The last thing you'll feel like is preparing food and putting kids to bed.

The MS takes a little while to leave your system, it tapered off for me over a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No advice, just xx

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you have to go through this. I have known a friend who went through it, I agree with others that you will want some help after with the kids. Sending you a

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When does your hubby get back? Is it vital for you to go in straight away as you have a bit of time? I know I couldn't do something like that without my husband there.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Hubby isn't able to come home unfortunately, he is due back on the 20th. I'm prepping food today and I have a Coles order arriving Tuesday morning, just snack type things and bread/milk etc.