+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *Brisbane or close by* Farm animals. Where can I take LO to see some?

I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction with Farm Animals.
    We live in Brisbane.

My DD is 16mo and we have been reading farm animal books to her and we have been watching the farm animals on a few DVDs.
    She seems to be quite excited by them and is really starting to recognize the animals and their names etc.

I really want to take her somewhere to see some animals, Cows, Ducks, Sheep, Chicks etc.

We don't mind going for a bit of a drive or making a day out of it

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Queens Park at Ipswich is great. There are kangaroos, emus, goannas, bilbys, quolls and in one part is a farm section with a cow, pigs, ducks, chickens. Best of all it's free to get it. It's very well maintained. Take a picnic. There's also a playground just up the road (although last week it ws closed) and a good sized cafe across the road. (Not open on Mondays)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

CDNinOZ  (09-06-2012),Liddybugs  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Queens Park at Ipswich is great. There are kangaroos, emus, goannas, bilbys, quolls and in one part is a farm section with a cow, pigs, ducks, chickens. Best of all it's free to get it. It's very well maintained. Take a picnic. There's also a playground just up the road (although last week it ws closed) and a good sized cafe across the road. (Not open on Mondays)
    Thank you so much for that info! I will definitely check that out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Alma Park Zoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lone pine! Dh and I just bought yearly passes to it because dd (19 mths) absolutely loves feeding the kangaroos! They also have farm animals, you can bottle feed goats and feed the sheep, chickens cows etc and they also have a sheep dog display. In fact, we are going tomorrow! It's just at fig tree pocket and a really nice day out for that age. They also have lorikeet feeding which dd loves! Have a look at the website! I hope you find your animals!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd say Ipswich too - my daughter always goes there when she visits my mother. There's also Alma Park - apart from the Zoo type animals, there's a little kids area where they have farm animals too. You can pet some of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maleny Dairy. Feed a calf, do a tour then have ice cream! Also the Ekka is on in August, or the local shows.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub