+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling left out

Well bit of back ground first before my issue.
    I left DP last aug due to he was verbally abusive because of some stuff he went thro and e didn't no how to deal (I'm not making excuses I just understand what happened) anyway I left and of course the families started hating each other. Well we have now worked it out and his gettig help and has changed a lot me leaving an taking the kids snapped him out of it. My family has forgiving him (he was the one in the wrong) but yet to his family I'm still the wicked witch of the west even tho I have made numerous attempts to make up and they have gone unheard.
    Ok my prob is, tonight DPs family is having a huge party, the kids and DP are going, I don't mind that coz I get some time alone. My prob is I wasn't even invited. I no they hate me with a passion for protecting my self and kids but I hurt their darling boy. (DPs dad likes me for the record so does his bil) I no they don't need to invite me but I feel left out and alone. And DP is being very insensitive about it. Going on to the kids about the party then asking me when I look upset what's wrong. I have almost no friends where I live and my family is in a dif state (over west, hence the wicked witch from the west) so I'm feeling alone and hurt.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I have to drop them off and then pick the kids up later

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That is really crappy! So sorry you're being left out that's really childish. Don't have any awesome advice but wanted to offer some cyber hugs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nmgb For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmgb View Post
    That is really crappy! So sorry you're being left out that's really childish. Don't have any awesome advice but wanted to offer some cyber hugs
    It's ok lol I just needed to let it out. Thanks you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your DP sounds like a jerk, why isn't he sticking up for you?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's awful, and insensitive of your DH. He should be standing up for you to his family IMO. He should be saying to them that they have no right to hold your actions against you. He clearly doesn't hold the past against you, so how can they? Your leaving affected him, not them, and it sounds like you had your reasons- no one should be expected to cop abuse of any sort. Anyway, he was the affected party and he understands your actions- so who the heck are they to hold it against you if he doesn't. Sorry OP I just think it's outrageous that his family are holding an issue between you and your DH alone against you if he isn't! And I find it awful of him to allow it to continue. That's not what "family" does.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Your DP sounds like a jerk, why isn't he sticking up for you?
    i really dont think his even thought to
    he isnt always a jerk, he took us all out to dinner last night, we had never been out as a family for dinner until then, but when it comes to his family yes he is one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry OP but I couldn't be with someone who wasn't supportive of me. Your DP needs to stand up for you. If my IL's did that my DF would be furious and would say so, luckily I have a fantastic relationship with them.
    I think you need to sit him down and make him realise exactly how this situation is making you feel.
    His parents need to grow up by the sounds of it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This sounds like a slippery slope. It needs to be sorted out quickly before there can be any real future.
    I'm sorry I don't agree that they don't need to invite you. Umm yes they do.
    You are part of family that has been invited.
    Your DP needs to sit his family down and explain the situation and how it's going to be in the future.
    You have both made the choice to make your family work and he needs to stand up and be a partner.
    This will go on and on with things like Xmas, birthdays etc if something doesn't change.
    I'm not liking that your partner is almost rubbing it in your face that your not going tonight.
    I would feel the same as you in these circumstances but I would hope my DH would say " if DW isn't invited then none of us are coming". By him going it's showing them that their behaviour is ok.
    Xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to diesal444 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I will be talking to him about it. Coz iv been thinking about the Christmas situation and what would happen. Iv already made the decision that if it happens in the future I'll just say well the kids arnt going coz I can't go. I no that sounds immature but that's what iv decided. I'm going I talk to him and let this party go because they already said they will go but it's the last time. Thanks guys for your feedback xxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (09-06-2012)