+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your words and advice Leanne & supamumma. And also congrats to both of you on your pregnancies . I'm so glad modern technology worked for you both, as I'm sure it will for us . We are still ttc naturally, but if nothings happening in the next couple of months we will definately be talking to fs.
    Thanks xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ways to have healthier sperm

hi there,
    I am an IVF/ICSI success story (so far!) 4 months pg on my very first cycle.
    My husband was diagnosed with azoospermia (no sperm) and later they found 1 or 2 through a very invasive and painful biopsy which were not good enough quality to use for ICSI.
    Knowing assisted conception was the only way we were going to be able to have a baby, we decided we would have just one round of IVF and see what happened - but it would have to be a good round!
    We started 3-4 months before the procedure and basically detoxed. We both went on very healthy diets - no junk food, lots of water, no alcohol, no coffee (especially for him as apparently coffee is toxic to sperm), and took specific vitamin supplements including zinc, selenium and iodine (found in kelp tablets). My husband also had a lot of work done on his kidney meridian through acupuncture fortnightly and took Chinese herbs that stimulate the 'male sexual function' including deer antler!
    When it came to do another biopsy, instead of going through the IVF clinic, he went to Dr Golovsky at St Vincents (Sydney) who uses a very special method of sperm retrieval using a microscope (called micro-dissection) which only targets the fatter tubules that look like they may contain sperm. This time we managed to get 13 sperm (to fertilise my 13 eggs) and in the end conceived 5 embryos!
    It's hard to know what worked, or whether it all worked together - but that's our story.
    Maybe with just a change of diet and vitamin supplements (esp zinc etc) timing your cycle etc you could conceive naturally. I hope so and wish you both the very best of luck!
    Julia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julia, congratulations
    How wonderful for you! Well you guys did try a lot of different things and it's nice to see that they paid off. I think our first step is to detox- and then take it from there. Thank you for your story- it is very inspiring. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your pregnancy