+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we find out the results of DH's 2nd sperm test tomorrow. I feel a bit nervous and anxious! But you lovely ladies have convinced me that even if the result is bad there is still heaps we can do- that makes me much better prepared for a poor result (still ). Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hello there i just want to wish you good luck for tommrow for of you xx jo-anne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH had nil sperm due to a chromosone condition. The end result was that we had to use donor sperm by way of insemination. I know this is not what you want to hear, but if it does come to this and you want someone to chat to, please PM me.

I am happy to say that we are delighted to finally be pregnant after 5 years of trying and having a donor just makes our bub that little bit more special to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [quote=jo-anne.36;750827]hello there i just want to wish you good luck for tommrow for of you and my dh has 3% sperm and we mite have to use donor sperm to my clinic can'nt tell at the moment due to my eggs been of poor quality and now we are in search of an egg donor so we can try some good eggs then we will know fingers cross for us that we find some body to help us iam sorry you properly did;nt need to here this hon xxxjo-anne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, my DH has a low sperm count and during our many IVF cycles he started having acupunture. After his 6 week treatment we managed to fertilise alot of eggs and we got pregnant on our 6th cycle with one of these eggs.

Good luck for tomorrow , I pray your results will be great and you wont have to worry. We are all here if you need advice or just need to chat. Take care and good luck sweetie! xxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are so nice, and I really feel for you- you have all gone through so much and I really admire your strength to keep trying time and time again. I am so glad for you Hels Bels to finally be pg!! And Bradysmum- it's great that you got your bub too!
    Jo-anne, I have everything crossed for you. I pray that you will get that much wanted little bub soon. You are so strong and really deserve it . I really hope you find someone to help you soon as well. I hope you keep in touch and let us know how it is all going.
    After hearing all your stories I feel so lucky as DH's sperm count was a bit better this time , it may even be ok but the doc wants to do 1 more test as the 1st test was pretty bad. I am so glad as this gives us so much more hope- so we will keep BDing just in case! It going to be hard waiting another couple of weeks now to do another test....all this waiting, waiting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to ask you Jo-anne, what's a bio pregnancy? I was just looking at your signature and think you must be so strong to have gone through all you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello there thank you for aksing they say its a start fo a pregnancie and then it stop and you get your af which is a bit upsetting but hey the word pregnancie is said and when i had those 2 boi i never here that before at the other clinic we went to thanks you take care if you like you can send me a email and we can have a chatt xxx jo-anne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littledarling View Post
    Hi everyone . My DH had a SA about a month ago that showed very low sperm count (he had testicular injury in Jan so they wanted to check everything out). The doctors weren't convinced by the result and thought that it just may be a bad sample (I hope so ). He just had another SA this week, and we wait to get the results. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to increase sperm count, and if anyone has conceived with low sperm count? We have been ttc for 6 months.

Hi, my husband had a reversal versectamy in april 2005, it was semi succussful with a 2.3 million sperm but only 20% of those were any good as the rest were infected by antibodies. We went and saw ivf in june 2006, the doctor said their was a slight chance of concieving naturally, as the ones that weren't effected were very good, but we would be better off going though ivf treatment. We ended up doing the icis treatment,Where we ended up with 5 really good embyros, but the first one was unsuccesful, we tried a sec time where the doc put in 2 embyros and this time round they both took and i'm now due to give birth to twins on the 5th of may 2007.

My suggestion is if the result is not a good one to go make an appointment with ivf and talk to the doctor. I know that ivf is expensive, but the thing is the younger you are the better hope of it working. And in your case because the problem is not with you, you are one step ahead of most people doing ivf. And even with a low sperm count just as long as there are a few really good ones the chances of you succeeding is very good. Ivf can do things that natually you could never do.

My suggestion to increase the sperm count is to get your hub to wear boxers, if he doesn't already, try getting him to take zinc supplyments and tell him not to be too stress as i have heard that also can effect the count and if he smokes or drinks alcohol try to get him to stop because that can cause both low count and poor quality

And what ever the out come of the test, i hope that things work out for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just another thought too...my hubby took Selenium which apprently increases motility and quality. We are now pg after three cycles and have 9 in the freezer waiting for us...We also did Icsi and can't praise ivf technology highly enough. Although it was stressful, it was much less stress that trying naturally unsuccessfully for years with no hope of a miracle.

Good luck!