+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low Sperm Count

Hi everyone . My DH had a SA about a month ago that showed very low sperm count (he had testicular injury in Jan so they wanted to check everything out). The doctors weren't convinced by the result and thought that it just may be a bad sample (I hope so ). He just had another SA this week, and we wait to get the results. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to increase sperm count, and if anyone has conceived with low sperm count? We have been ttc for 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH was told b4 we were married (previous relationship) that he had low sperm count and would probably never father a child. I married him knowing that I would probably never be a mother. 8 years into the relationship I went off the pill for a break and conceived . I was quite surprised

I hope it happens for you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh isn't that wonderful Debster! Well I guess anything is possible and you only need 1 sperm after all. It's nice to hear positive answers, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there littledarling My DH was married before, and had a vasectomy, under duress.. anyway, he had it reversed after we met. That didnt work, and his sperm count after the procedure was around 70million, which is good, BUT they were very sluggish. So we tried IVF/ICSI and my cycle was cancelled first, then the 2nd cycle, the eggs and sperm didnt fertilise, his sperm had dropped to basically zilch. They injected very sluggish basically dead sperm, just to try because we had come so far, but to no avail. So then they tried a procedure where they took the sperm from his testes. via a needle, so they basically get it right from the source, and they found motile sperm. In all his tests after his reversal, all the sperm were sluggish, this test retrieved motile, so we were so excited. So we are now on our 3rd cycle, and i should be ready next week to take out my eggs, so with a bit of luck, it will fertilise. Sorry for rambling, but i just wanted to let you know, that there are so many procedures to try these days that can help. I would talk to the doctor about them and see what they can do to help. Goodluck. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I wish you some much luck mel-j seems like you have gone through so much . Thanks for the reply- I know there is a lot that can be done these days . thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey littledarling... i didnt realise that this thread was already here. And i went and started a new one. Very sorry.

I really hope you all have BFP soon.

I will follow closely to see if there is any hope for my friend. It would make him soooooo happy to hear good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries ljd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

My DH had a zero sperm count when he did a semen test.

He had a procedure called Tesa/Pesa, which means needle direct into his testies and they got 8 (yes 8 only) sperm and we now have a beautiful 5 month old boy.

We end up doing IVF/ICIS .

Just letting you know they is hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL was tested and had very low sperm count and also low mobility and him and his wife were able to conceive on the second round of IVF so there is definitely hope!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kassa Hi there, we are doing our 3rd ICSI and my husband is having the same procedure as your DH, so thanks for the post, because its great to hear of people having success.