ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry you had this experience
    I would be even more ****ed off at the fact he wrote up a prescription with out checking your son over.
    For all he knows it could have been serious and needed more medical attention than just a script.
    I agree with PP with taking him somewhere else today.

If this guy treats all sick children Like this then he should just stick to treating adults.

I had a similar thing happen to me though.
    2 days before my due date the Brisbane floods hit and we were trapped in our suburb and all roads to near by hospitals were closed/flooded and we were at risk of flooding.
    I had shared care with my GP and hospital so I thought I would go talk to my GP about what I should do if I was to go into labour, I was a very stressed heavily pregnant hormonal wreck.

I started crying when I was talking to my GP, she snapped at me and said "would you quit carrying on! If you go into labor then just call 000 I'm sure they will work something out for you"
    I was a little taken back and started crying more..

She turned to my Dh who was with me in the office and she said to him "You need to calm her down, she is acting like a child, I think she needs to see a consoler, if she is acting like this now I can only imagine what it will be like when this baby comes"

Dh told her off and we walked out, I cried the entire day about what she had said and later that afternoon she called me to apologize, she was extremely apologetic and told me she had one of the worst days.

Maybe your Dr was having a bad day..
    But A bad day doesn't excuse what was said about your DS, it is unprofessional.

I hope your DS is better soon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Izy  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachell - That is so awful! I can't imagine how you would have felt being spoken to that way!!

Good on your DH for telling her where to go

A bad day is not an excuse to act horrible and unprofessional, its shocking to hear these considering we trust our GP's with so much!

Niether of those doctors had an excuse- that is just plain rude and damaging.. I feel for you both!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Izy  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be reporting that!! Sounds like he has issues and it was negligent of him not to do a proper examination before prescribing!!

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I would be offended and I'd be taking my child to another GP from then on.

I took DD1 to get her vaccinations a few days ago and the second the needle went in she exploded, suddenly grew three extra arms and legs and thrashed around like a disturbed walrus. My GP, who is great, did not tell me she thinks my child has be sour problems. She finished what she was doing, let me give DD a cuddle and then gave her a cup full of jellybeans.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Um, that's appalling on more than one level. It was a sh1tty and rude thing to say to you, it was also very unprofessional of him to not listen to his chest. As a veteren of chest infections I have a little understanding of why this is done. They need to listen to see if the lungs/chest/airways sound clear or not (which then indicates a possible infection) and also to locate where the infection is (upper airways, lungs etc). I would strongly recommend finding a new, more sympathetic and child friendly GP. He also didn't tell you what the script was for or what he thought you DS might have. That is just not good enough.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Izy  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, yes I would be offended. That's just not on! I would most definately never be seeing that Dr again.

I'm glad you are taking him for a second opinion.

Gosh, I remember our Dr having to give our girls their 4yr old immunisations. It took me, my mum and the Dr to get her out from under the chair and hold her to have the immunisations. He has always been so good with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BNK View Post
    Maybe he just found out his wife is a lesbian or something. If you have seen him before and he wasnt like that then I would suggest that something major had just gone down in his life and he was having a hard time. Maybe instead of taking it as a personal attack you could have calmly asked him if everything was ok and did he need to talk to somebody.
    Hahahaa are you serious? A poor mother can't even vent about this?? She was probably in shock!

Op.... Im sorry you had that happen and I hope your doctor this afternoon had a little more empathy and bedside manner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Complain that's really rude what adult likes getting that done when there sick let alone a child seriously d**khead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'd speak with the practice manager and discuss the concerns listed here.

Incomplete investigation
    Poor attitude

And just go from there. I'd try not to hold onto the stress from it though. It was one event. Report, go to a new dr, and move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Don't doctors know kids (especially when they aren't well) play up and cry? Obviously not this dopey moron of a "doctor" Geeeeez