+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you be offended? Cos i am a bit..

I went to the dr this morning with ds, who is 21 months old, and he has a chest infection and a sore ear..

As soon as the dr stuck the thermometer in his ear, of course ds started to cry very loudly and wriggle as he didn't like it... (i mean WHO loves things being put in their ear?)

And the dr all of a sudden says to me ""i can't do this!!""" ""i think you should have him see another dr, ""... THEN ''I think he has behavioural problems""!!!!! WTF!!! Um, it's normal for babies to cry!!!!!

I felt offended, as everybody who knows ds can't comment enough that he's such a well behaved boy. and it's not the first time we have seen this dr, generally ds is a happy baby, he is just sick. i found it rude for him to suddenly suggest by his crying loudly and wriggling that he has ''behavioral problems""..

He didn't even check his chest (listen to it) just wrote out a prescription and waved me off. what do u think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be ****ed off, he sounds rude.

He could have just been having a really bad day but he should be professional enough to NOT take it out on his patients.

Can y make a complaint or tell the practice of your experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg....that was so unprofessional of him, I have to put my kids in a headlock to get ears or throat looked in, and i assume that is normal.

I would be putting in a complaint to the head of the practice, if that is him, i would contact some sort of medical ombudsman.

hugs, I hope your little one is better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be complaining big time, how unprofessional and what a jerk.

Hope you got to see another doctor, a real professional doctor, and your little one is feeling better soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats really rude and unprofessional. And surely he shouldnt be prescribing drugs if he hasnt properly examined your son. I certainly wouldnt be seeing him again. Of course your DS is out if sorts if he is sick.... A doctor should be aware of that..... And kids that age cry when they dont like things - clearly that doesnt mean behavioural issues... So rude

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Izy  (07-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What the heck!?

No no, thats not on at all. The baby cries and he is all i cant do this? Take him to someone else? The dr has some serious issues!!!!

My ds#2 loses the plot as soon as we enter the drs office. I kid u not, screaming at the top of his lungs, lashing about. My dr whips out stickers, toys, jellybeans trying to calm him down, puts the thermometer in the stuffed bears ear to show him its ok etc. And ds still screams at him and yells no no dont touch me get away! My dr just looks at me with a smile and says "headlock time?" lol and thats what we do. Bt he never gets angry tells me my child has behavioural problems (even tho he does have them) and says i need to see someone else!

Gosh. Im really upset for you. Not on at all! Complain!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (07-06-2012),LoveLivesHere  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What the hell? Totally uncalled for. No way I'd be going back to see him again!

It's not as bad as having something stuck in his ear, but my DS (20 months old) wiggled and cried when the lady at the shoe store just tried to measure his foot for shoes yesterday... No way does it mean he has 'behavioral problems', just means he doesn't like strangers touching him.

Hope your DS gets better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the Dr is the one with behavioral problems. If my Dr did that, I would have told him where to go. If he can't handle sick toddlers, he either needs to pull his head in or only treat adults.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all of these comments. Sounds like a normal kid to me! Tge Dr however.. very strange and rude reaction!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats definately not on. I would be putting a complaint in and not returning to that doctor.
    Also i'd want a second opinion on your sons condition. What he prescribed for your son could be useless.