+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Wow thanks sooo much for that copy and pasting you did.FYI its been a looongg time since I had a 6 month old,and I get plenty of sleep thanks

Again I will say,,,,TOTALLY NORMAL FOR BABIES TO WAKE 5 TIMES A NIGHT.
    You're welcome.

Now where is the information backing your stance? Or is it your own personal belief that you're sprouting?

I say your view is an irresponsible one to be putting out their for new mothers who may not know any different. In saying 6 month old babies waking 5+ times per night is normal you are dissuading (probably unintentionally) sleep deprived mothers from aiming higher and getting help with a problem that *can* be resolved.

Most night waking is due to sleep association problems which *can* be fixed (not always).

New mums: please seek assistance, don't be shy just because some folks on a forum whose babies woke 5+ times per night said it was normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

New mums: please seek assistance, don't be shy just because some folks on a forum whose babies woke 5+ times per night said it was normal.
    By the same token

New mum: it's normal for you child to go through periods of waking up 5+ times a night. It is most common 6-12mths and again at 18-20mths.

Many things esp separation anxiety and teething, cause this and you are not a bad mother and your child is not abnormal if they do so.

Some kids have it longer others shorter but it's all NORMAL!

I'm getting out before I get banned.