+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What did you do for your 1st baby's 1st Birthday?

As title says what did you do? Party? Small do? Big do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took the day off and family came over during the day who didnt work. We did a cake smash then at night friends and family came over for a get together

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for my UNO reply bennos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a little BBQ with family. It felt more like "YAY us for making it through the first year!" rather than an actual birthday party hehehe.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a huge lunchtime affair - somehow ended up with 40+ adults and about 15 kids. Holy Crap, never doing THAT again.. Talk about STRESS!!!!

I spent more time taking care of guests than enjoying the day!! But I guess you're allowed to go a little overboard with ur 1st

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On his actual birthday we had dinner with our parents and siblings. A week later had an afternoon tea party with extended family and friends from mothers group.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a party at the park, his Birthday is in Summer, so perfect weather for it. Mostly family and close friends. Held a BBQ, put on some snacks and did the Birthday cake and presents. Wasn't anything flash, we just decorated the shaded cabana type area with some ******ers and ballons. At that age I just wanted him to have those around him that loved him most, plus I was the first of my friends to have kids so there wasn't many other littlies at the party to cater for. As they get older Birthday's become more expensive and they enjoy them more, mine are turning 5 and 3 and just starting to get into their Birthday's and asking for more exxtravagent parties.

I know other parents that have done themed parties with petting zoo's, jumping castles, costumes etc. But to be honest the Birthday child was pretty much over the day and it was done more for the older children, if that's your thing there are plenty of ideas floating around, but I think keeping themed parties for when they are older is more appropriate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH made him a small cake and we went to the local bistro with two friends who happened to be visiting Sydney from Europe. Our mothers group had a joint party close to Their birthdays, but there was no point us having one as we have no Family in Australia.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whole lotta nothing really.

DD1 DH and I had separated a week prior and I had just moved home. It was just me, my mum, my grandad and my sister and DD obviously, in the kitchen with a cake. Couldn't afford presents or anything. DH and the woman he was seeing threw a massive party and showered her with gifts which made me feel great (not!!).

DD2 we didn't do anything. We had our engagement party on the same weekend as her birthday, so just had a cake for her in the afternoon and that was it.

We don't really do birthday party's until they are old enough to understand.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a huge family and friend BBQ. I don't think I held DD all day but she was well entertained!!! Never again now we go out for birthdays. Went to bike centre for 3rd birthday probably won't have party for 4th because will do something for DD2 1st birthday. Something quiet!!! Lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-06-2012)