+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you get through the day

When you're sick?

This is the first time I've been really ill since DD was born. I'm coming down with the flu and I think it's going to be a doosie. Cold chills, hot flushes, aching bones and joints, plus a cough and the feeling that I can't take a deep breath.

DD is currently down for a nap - so I will be shortly also - and I am dreading 3pm, when she will wake up and want me to entertain her!

At the risk of sounding like I have man flu, I think I have the worst flu EVER!!

I have no family or friends that can come down and look after DD as they all work and DH (who would usually stay home) is in the last fortnight at work before he resigns... So really isn't in a position to take time off.

How have you gotten through the day?

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing! I had swine flu last year and it knocked me for a 6! I was lucky enough to have my MIL look after DD for a day but apart from that all I could do was take pain releif or cold and flu tabs and try to get DD to do some quiet activities... Perhaps see if your DD is willing to camp out on the couch and watch TV, read books or do some drawing/colouring... its hard depending on bubs age.

I hope you feel better soon, the Flu is a terrible thing, let alone when you have little ones to look after. Be kind to yourself.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're not breast feeding, get yourself some cold guard cold and flu tablets in the bottle. Make sure they're in the bottle (pill bottle not baby bottle, just to be clear).

When I feel as horrid as you've described this is the only thing That helps me cope through the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just always put on abc kids and "camp" in the lounge. On the floor if need be so dd & dh have access to me. Hope you gey better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not ideal but if you have a portable cot or something similar ( even a room will do just close the door) put a bunch of toys and a water bottle in and your child and go to sleep in the same room. Set your alarms for when lo is due for bottles/changes and try to get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Books on the couch. Playschool marathons. Easy meals or takeaway. Just get through hour by hour, and think of all the other sick mums who manage to cope.

It's really hard though.