+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 315
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked
    487
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I would rather do a hpt so that I can prepare myself.
    I am exactly the same. There is no way I could wait until BT, then ring the clinic in the afternoon hoping I'll get good news, only to find out it's neg. I'd rather have my disappointment that has built over days of testing confirmed, than a massive let-down from one little phone call. And if BT happened to be positive, then it would just be even more amazing, cause I'd be prepared for the worst!

    I know I said my HPT was basically a BFN this morning, but on closer inspection the line is still bloody there! It's fainter again, but I can't believe it hasn't gone yet. I officially hate Pregnyl. *pout*

    Been getting occasional light AF cramps since yesterday, so I won't be surprised if she arrives just before or on Friday.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    173
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a HPT two cycles ago because I couldn't wait. Did the test few days before BT and it came up negative. Cried so much knew it was over. Didn't get my AF, went for the BT and it was a BFP (first ever) although HCG was only 44. After 4 days lost it so it turned out to be a chem preg. After this experience I could never use a HPT as there are so many reasons why it can turn out to be a BFN an it's not or vice versa...I don't think I'll ever do a HPT while cycling but if it gives you some answers then it's worth trying.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanimarj View Post
    Sorry I didnt reply, I have been trying to keep busy to get my mind off it but thats almost impossible.... Just had the call that we are pregnant, levels are 285 so I am off to google if thats okay - the nurse said it was but I still need to research. Our last pregnancy the levels were low at the beginning but we didnt lose the bubs until 9 weeks...

    Anyway - I am hoping to hear about some other BFPs - good luck girls and dont give up after early negative BFNs - I have a girlfriend that was a BFN till her blood test so dont loose heart xxx
    Wow fantastic good luck with the next steps - when's your next BT?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    I did a HPT two cycles ago because I couldn't wait. Did the test few days before BT and it came up negative. Cried so much knew it was over. Didn't get my AF, went for the BT and it was a BFP (first ever) although HCG was only 44. After 4 days lost it so it turned out to be a chem preg. After this experience I could never use a HPT as there are so many reasons why it can turn out to be a BFN an it's not or vice versa...I don't think I'll ever do a HPT while cycling but if it gives you some answers then it's worth trying.
    I agree Rachael - whilst I have never had a bad experience as such with an HPT it just seems like extra stress I don't need to put myself under - at the end of the day I will be waiting around for nine months if it's the best news possible so what's two weeks? And if it's bfn then I can wait to hear that news as I have been putting all the positives out there and all the prayers in the world that this is the one. I have a plan if I get that BFN, whilst obviously it would be crushing, i am mentally prepared - on the other hand, like I said, if it's a BFP, god willing, then there is so much more waiting to be done over the next nine months, there are so many hurdles to jump no wonder they say that a baby is a miracle right?! Praying that we all get our miracles soon xxx

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanimarj View Post
    Sorry I didnt reply, I have been trying to keep busy to get my mind off it but thats almost impossible.... Just had the call that we are pregnant, levels are 285 so I am off to google if thats okay - the nurse said it was but I still need to research. Our last pregnancy the levels were low at the beginning but we didnt lose the bubs until 9 weeks...

    Anyway - I am hoping to hear about some other BFPs - good luck girls and dont give up after early negative BFNs - I have a girlfriend that was a BFN till her blood test so dont loose heart xxx
    And by the way on other threads, although im not sure myself, people have said that any numbers over 100 for the first test is a good result, so 285 is a great number, if your nurse is happy then it's a very good sign : )

  6. #136
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    2,314
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked
    1,710
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    And by the way on other threads, although im not sure myself, people have said that any numbers over 100 for the first test is a good result, so 285 is a great number, if your nurse is happy then it's a very good sign : )
    Fx for u SL!!

    I think my FS likes numbers in the 500-1000 range at 4 weeks but I have here people with lower numbers being all good.

    Mine was 126 in my chemical cycle.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    48
    Reviews
    0
    POAS today BFN official result with BT 13/6 but not looking very hopeful

  8. #138
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked
    138
    Reviews
    0
    Omg wrong post

    I'm so sorry!!!
    Last edited by Purpz; 11-06-2012 at 19:14.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked
    138
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanimarj View Post
    Sorry I didnt reply, I have been trying to keep busy to get my mind off it but thats almost impossible.... Just had the call that we are pregnant, levels are 285 so I am off to google if thats okay - the nurse said it was but I still need to research. Our last pregnancy the levels were low at the beginning but we didnt lose the bubs until 9 weeks...

    Anyway - I am hoping to hear about some other BFPs - good luck girls and dont give up after early negative BFNs - I have a girlfriend that was a BFN till her blood test so dont loose heart xxx
    Oh yaaay!!!

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    4
    Hi Ladies,

    Yanimarj: Congratulations! Wishing you a very uneventful 9 months.

    Nattie: Hope the day is looking up for you.

    Wishful: Im Sorry this just sucks sometimes

    Sariele: Fingers crossed for you

    AFM: 10dpo with a very dry mouth all day. I think i drank over a litre of water. Starter spotting a light brown sludge this afternoon so im not sure where i stand. I think i will POAS either tomorrow morning or Wed morning. Who am i kidding, im testing tomorrow!!!


    xo


 

Similar Threads

  1. May/June IVF/ICSI Cycle Buddies :)
    By ertgirl in forum IVF
    Replies: 2419
    Last Post: 26-08-2012, 10:31
  2. 2WW buddies- now until end May early June
    By Fortitude in forum IVF
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 13:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Billington StreetFor stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations WINNER ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Do you think this is rude?Issues with Family Members
I am... #20General Chat
Am i leaking AF or what?Second Trimester Chat
Anyone have kids with NF1?General Child Health Issues
Preparing for a NICU babyPregnancy & Birth General Chat
Do people suck...?General Chat
LTTTC terrified to testConception & Fertility General Chat
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›