I have travelled o/s to Europe and in Oz with my 2 sons when they were bubs and active toddlers. The travel part was not that enjoyable, but here are a few things I found useful:
1. Less is more- I can't stress this enough- try to travel with carry on bags only (it can be done!)- it really is awful lugging bags and stuff around when you have to get on and off transportation. Backpacks or a small carry on hard case on wheels that match the airline's measurements is the best option- you can usually take 1 extra bag if you have a child. Also, you can get straight on and off withour waiting for luggage- bliss.
2. Don't take the car seat- it will take up the whole plane seat and there will be no room for him to sleep. a harness that fits the plane seat is a good option if you can find one.
3. I am super strict with the kids when on planes- zero tolerance- no getting out of seats unless for toilet and definitely no standing on seats or playing in common areas- hey, may as well try and set the standards early. It doesn't always work out perfectly, but worth a try.
4. Take alot of smacks that your DS likes, and a few new toys (saved up until nothing else is working) is a great idea.
5. Expect odd sleep patterns for 3 or so days at either end.
All the best for your trip.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 11 of 11
04-06-2012 20:45 #11Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Sydney NSW
Einsteinz MusicFun & interactive music classes! Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of ...
LATESTHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxesIs the secret to saving for your child’s education in your home loan?Games to play with your baby – newborn to 12 months
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Cycle after Miscarriage?? Not sure??Pregnancy Loss Support
Symptoms of silent reflux??Colic Reflux Wind
Best pregnancy test for PCOSConception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What age can teenagers consent to flu needles?Immunisation & Vaccines
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Is the name Evie really that popular? (Particularly in NSW)Choosing Baby Names