+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cm??

Goodmorning ladies,
    I have a question. I am day 8 of stimming and have just noticed alot of egg white CM which I associate with ovulation?? can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's completely normal. FSH can generate alot of CM. I had the same thing during my stim phase and rang up my FN in a panic! It's information that really should be given to all women taking FSH to stop this very worry. All the best with your cycle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

dextersmum (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you kandp!! last night i was getting a some sharp cramps in my left ovary then that cm this morning and i was fearing the worst!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    Synarel or lucrin (for a down reg cycle) can give menopause symptoms, most common being headache.

FSH (GonalF, Puregon, Elonva) stimulates the follicles. So if it works you get symptoms from having large ovaries. Can be an ache in the back, and a sensation of fullness.

As the follies grow they will make oestrogen, so you'll get symptoms from that. Oestrogen is responsible for the EWCM. Copious EWCM in an IVF cycle does not mean you've ovulated, it just means you're growing a lot of follicles (and hopefully eggs too). Oestrogen also grows your endometrium.

The hCG trigger (Ovidrel, Pregnyl) is the same hormone that pregnancy tests look for. It tells your ovaries to keep making progesterone, so you'll get symptoms from that which are the same as pregnancy symptoms. (When you think about it that's obvious because it's the same hormone as for pregnancy.) Progesterone causes sore boobs, increased peeing, slower movement of food through intestines (may lead to constipation), aches and niggles because it relaxes smooth muscle.
    Progesterone (is supposed to) keep AF away if it's above 30. That's its job. I find for me that since progesterone goes so high after a stim (each follicle makes about 40 progesterone at its peak) then if the cycle is a BFN my body is ready for AF as soon as progesterone gets back down to 30-35. Also on a BFN stim cycle, my boobs stop being sore and I get a wave of hormone-induced sadness when progesterone is dropping through about 40. Since the support my FS had me on after EPU adds about 30 to my progesterone, then I usually made it to my blood test before AF (although sometimes only a few hours before).
    Progesterone also changes your endometrium slightly so that it's more comfortable for an embryo.

Antagonist (Orgalutran) can cause itchiness at the injection site for a few minutes.

But, yes, as you indicated, your personal response to the drugs will only be known after you've done it yourself.

Bold bit might be most useful.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

KandP (31-05-2012),Motherwillbe (31-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree! My FN told me its a great sign and means the meds are working x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a little chuckle to myself about this....
    ONLY because during my first cyle I posted the same question, I freaked and thought I had ovulated - Turned out I hadn't