+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    429
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Pimples with a 3yr old.

    My DS has broken out in pimples all around his mouth. Not on his mouth just around it. His 3yrs and I have no idea why they are there. I think their is like 6 or 7 altogether. They don't seem to worry him. I havnt popped any. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,831
    Thanks
    3,047
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could it have been something he's eaten? Sometimes the acid in certain foods or a sudden intolerance can cause pimple type things. Hand, foot and mouth disease is a possibility too.

    Definitely don't pop them though.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

    Bonkers  (29-05-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanks
    1,318
    Thanked
    1,577
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi OP, fyi, hand, foot and mouth is going around in a few Brisbane daycares at the moment. Might pay to get it checked.

  5. #4
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    429
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There isn't anything on his feet or hands tho I really hope they arnt that.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    197
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    My DS has broken out in pimples all around his mouth. Not on his mouth just around it. His 3yrs and I have no idea why they are there. I think their is like 6 or 7 altogether. They don't seem to worry him. I havnt popped any. Any ideas?
    Google pics of hand foot and mouth and see if they look similar to your DS. They don't necessarily show up on every area ie. hand feet and mouth. My DS had it a while ago and had it mouth, feet and knees. They are like little blisters. He got it from a play centre! Grrr.

  7. #6
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    429
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    Google pics of hand foot and mouth and see if they look similar to your DS. They don't necessarily show up on every area ie. hand feet and mouth. My DS had it a while ago and had it mouth, feet and knees. They are like little blisters. He got it from a play centre! Grrr.
    Thanks I'll do it now. Hope ur little one is ok now

  8. #7
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    429
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think it's hand foot and mouth. They don't look like them. Almost but not exactly. They look like pimples that have already popped that a 15 yr old might get. And no one else in the house has caught them. They have been there for a week. They are getting better, slowly but yea

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    197
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    I don't think it's hand foot and mouth. They don't look like them. Almost but not exactly. They look like pimples that have already popped that a 15 yr old might get. And no one else in the house has caught them. They have been there for a week. They are getting better, slowly but yea
    If they have been there for a week I think it would have come up in at least another spot of it was HFandM. It also makes them quite unsettled, mainly in the beginning, and out of sorts. Do u think it could just be some dribble rash/dry skin from cold weather? I would see GP if worried. There's nothing u can do if it is HFandM though except panadol to ease discomfort.

  10. #9
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,361
    Thanked
    429
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    If they have been there for a week I think it would have come up in at least another spot of it was HFandM. It also makes them quite unsettled, mainly in the beginning, and out of sorts. Do u think it could just be some dribble rash/dry skin from cold weather? I would see GP if worried. There's nothing u can do if it is HFandM though except panadol to ease discomfort.
    He hasn't been unsettled or anything. Guess if they don't go away in a few days I'll take him to the doc. Thanks guys


 

Similar Threads

  1. Pimples during pregnancy
    By JessicaBailey in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-11-2012, 21:57
  2. pimples on a 3 week old?
    By itspinkrock in forum Newborns (0 - 2 months)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 16:53
  3. PIMPLES!! In pregnancy!
    By MummaG23 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 17:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Help! Clexane and pregnantpregnancy and babies through IVF
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Teacher giftsGeneral Chat
Would you rather ...#4Games & fun stuff
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›