+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adhesions and 3rd Caesar

HI,
    I have just recieved my paper work from hospital where I had 2 caesareans, last one being nearly 2 years ago.

I would love to hear anyones experiences having a third caesarean especially those that have had dense adhesions and had "paper thin" lower segment?

I really want another baby but am being scared off a bit at the moment with the risks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my 4th cs 3 months ago , after surgery while I was in recovery my doctor came to see me , he advised of me not to have anymore as I have a paper thin lower segment!! I had minimal adhesions though but still did take them awhile to get to bub!!
    Like he said to me the risk is totally your choice if I ever wanted to have another!! But after being told the risks I have opted not to have anymore!! I said this to him!! He said well if a suprise happens then really the safer option is a repeat Cesar!! There's not really much choice!!
    I would speak with your doctor and find out the extent of adhesions and your thin segment etc and then make your choice from there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, my doctor definately didnt tell me not to have anymore so I guess thats a good thing

Has anyone else been told not to have anymore children after being told they have a "paper thin" lower segment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm I'm curious to find out now about mine. They didn't tell me anything (so I figure it is fine?) but I have been having heaps of pain and my doctor said it is probably adhesions. Sorry to get off topic mandamoo but did you have to get your hospital records to find out that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I did have to get my records. I wasnt told any of this at the time. It explains so much re pain. They sorted out most of the adhesions during the surgery...but more may have formed after being stiched up last time.

Does anyone know if adhesions affect future caesars?

And I would really love to hear from anyone who has been told their lower uterine segment was "paper thin" during their last caesar and went on to have another caesar?