+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggleandhoot View Post
    I don't have one yet but have put my order in. I've always been told that you get your eternity ring after the first year of marriage or first baby. Our baby was born before we got married so it will have to be for our first year of marriage. I'll be interested to hear other traditions though.
    This is what I thought also. I got one closer to DSs first birthday, because I couldnt find one I liked! DH bought me a pearl ring, that I LOVE, that I wear on my right hand. We were trying too, and I am still on the hunt for, a ring to where with my wedding band & engagement ring. I want something that goes together, but not so much that it looks like a straight out bought 'set', iykwim? I'm fussy lol!

My Gran has 3, so cute, my grandad keeps buying them. They ahve beem arried 50 years though lol.

My Mum has 2, she got one their first year, when they were young and then about 3 years ago my Dad bought her a huge diamond ring, now that they are better off. She still wears them on her right hand together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    This is what I thought also. I got one closer to DSs first birthday, because I couldnt find one I liked! DH bought me a pearl ring, that I LOVE, that I wear on my right hand. We were trying too, and I am still on the hunt for, a ring to where with my wedding band & engagement ring. I want something that goes together, but not so much that it looks like a straight out bought 'set', iykwim? I'm fussy lol!

My Gran has 3, so cute, my grandad keeps buying them. They ahve beem arried 50 years though lol.

My Mum has 2, she got one their first year, when they were young and then about 3 years ago my Dad bought her a huge diamond ring, now that they are better off. She still wears them on her right hand together.
    Awww that is lovely. The only one in my family that ended up with an eternity ring was my grandma. I wore her eternity ring next to my engagement ring on my right hand on my wedding day.

After reading my original post it sounds like I have demanded an eternity ring but it's not quite like that. My husband asked me to pick what I liked from a selection of rings that he had chosen. I haven't received it yet as we are only newly married but he was checking them out when I was choosing my wedding ring. He can actually be quite romantic when he wants to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to all 4 of our grandparents, an Eternity ring was given on your 10th Anniversary.
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have one. Its a diamond band the same as my wedding ring and I wear it with my other rings. DH gave it to me when I had DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one, the same as my wedding ring

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine is a gold band with 3 emeralds and 3 diamonds. Hubby designed it for me many years ago. I got mine for 5th anniversary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have one.
    i thought it was on the birth of your first baby or first wedding anniversary.

DH got me one in between when DD2 was born and our first anniversary.

mine is the same design as my wedding ring but i choose to wear it on my right hand as i dont like how it feels having all 3 rings on one finger

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok so I know that Wikipedia isn't the be all and end all, but after reading this I think I'll ask DH for a white topaz ring for our ten year anniversary rather than diamonds! Lmao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity_ring

Eternity ring

Eternity ring

An eternity ring is a lady's ring, worn on the hand, comprising a band of precious metal (usually gold) set with a continuous line of identically cut gemstones (usually diamonds)[1] to symbolize never-ending love, usually given from a husband to his wife on the occasion of a significant anniversary.

Because the presence of stones all the way round the eternity ring can make it cumbersome to wear, the alternative is to have the stones across the face of the ring only. This is sometimes referred to as a "half-eternity" ring rather than a "full" eternity ring.
    Eternity rings featuring paste gems, white topaz or a mix of stones appeared in the 18th century.[2]
    The concept of the diamond eternity ring was created in the 1960s by diamond merchant De Beers.[3][4] Edward Jay Epstein stated that at the time the company had a secret agreement with the Soviet Union which, in return for the creation of a "single channel" controlling the world's supply of diamonds, 'required' the purchase of 90-95% of the uncut gem diamonds produced by Russia.[4] The prevailing fashion at the time, particularly for engagement rings, was for them to be set with a single, large diamond. The Soviet gems, however, were small, often less than 0.25 Carats.[3] To avoid stockpiling, De Beers embarked on a campaign of promotion of jewelry containing a number of small diamonds culminating in the eternity ring, which was aimed at older, married women.[3] One campaign slogan, aimed at husbands, was "She married you for richer or poorer. Let her know how it’s going."[5]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nat11 View Post
    This is mine. I wear it on my left hand sometimes but it's a bit too much with my wedding and engagement rings so I mainly wear it on my right hand. DH gave it to me after the birth of our first child.
    Aww that is so sweet. I love it!! Was it your DH's idea to engrave it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 1.6 carat Ceylon sapphire surrounded by tinsy diamonds in an antique setting that I wear on my right hand. I also didnt want another ring to stack on my left wedding ring finger to detract from my engagement ring. I love it and am very happy To have something unique!