+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day of ovulation for people with a 28day cycle

I just bought an ovulation kit and it says for me to start using the tests from day 11 as i have a 28 day cycle just curious if anyone alse out there has a 28day cycle and what day did you get your positive on a ovulation test? And do you get the positive a few days before ovulation is about to happen or the day you are ovulating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it's a urine one you usually get a pos 24-48hrs before ovulation. With a standard 28 day cycle you should ovulate somewhere around cd12-16, it just depends on your body. I had a 32 day cycle and O'd on cd19. Took me 8 months to conceive but I finally got there!

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonstoneMare For This Useful Post:

happy86  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Happy, yes, my cycle is bang on 28 days. When trying to conceive with this bub, I monitored my ovulation very closely for a few months before we ttc. I used a maybe baby saliva device ( I got it from chemist warehouse) which I used a few times a day and basically whenever I had the urge to test. I found out I ovulate at on the morning of 14 each and every month. From memory, with the maybe baby, it showed a rock or pebble pattern from about day 12, then, it started turning to fern pattern, and when I was ovulating, it was purely a fern pattern- the ferns were so distinctive. This always happened on the morning of day 14, so I took that to be when I was ovulating.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

happy86  (28-05-2012),Millie82  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I have the first response urine tests i was thinking of getting the saliva device but then decided to get the other one. My guess going by CM is i think around day 14 i guess i will find out when i use it this week. When i got pregnant with my son i never had to use these ovulation tests it happened first go but now trying for our second and this is the 3rd month so hopefully the tests will help us to get the right time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a 28day cycle and I OV on cd15/16 each month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Hun,
    I have a 28 day cycle and have been doing LH strips for 5 months.
    I get a positive result late CD16 or early CD17 and Ovulate within 12-48 hours
    after a positive result. I have a very short luteal phase. I didn't know this until we started doing LH strips and we had been DTD a lot at the wrong times.
    They say start testing at CD11 so to make sure you get the line. Also keep in mind that some people don't ovulate some cycles! But if you miss the line in one month start earlier the next month.