+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 weeks pregnant... Also have the runs

I was feeling like crap last night, woken up this morning with the runs. My gut's always been "sensitive" but I'm freaking out now that I'm preggo.

Could it be part of morning sickness or something more sinister? is it worth getting checked out? I just want to go back to bed... I don't think I want to go to work today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i had the runs heaps when i was pregnant, especially 1st and 3rd trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get it checked just to be on the safe side but it's proabably just a tummy bug i have never heard of having the runs as morning sickness but i could be wrong, when i was 14wks pregnant i got the runs along with vomiting non stop so i went to doc to get it checked out and he listened to my tummy with the stethoscope and told me it was just a tummy bug and gave me some maxalon for the vomiting and told me to try sip on water as much as i can as you can end up dehydrated. You just have to be careful in case you have eaten somthing that could have listeria which isn't good while pregnant that's why i got checked out to make sure it wasn't food posioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you get it around your period usually? Only because I do and it my body's reaction to hormones. And so I did get it a bit during my first trimester too. I was told by my doctor it is morning sickness. So It can be a type of morning sickness, just not the obvious one for some people. It could also be a tummy bug or food reaction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my last pregnancy, I had diarrhea through my whole 1st tri - most women get constipated when pregnant, but occasionally the hormones can make a woman go the other way

I'd go see a GP anyway, just in case u have a tummy bug

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, thanks ladies, I will go to the GP today. Staying home so I'm close to the loo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been the same on and off, and if I get anxious about things I end up going more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, got it last pregnancy and this one too. My digestive system is system is sensitive also.
    elevit gives me the runs within 2 hours so i take it at night and i'm regular in the morning. I've also been on antibiotics since 10wks which upset my tummy too. i don't mind too much, its not all the time or everyday, just enough to keep me from being constipated and getting uncomfortable from having a bloated tummy. Its keeping the weight down too, which is fine atm as i was overweight to strt with

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had the trots since 4 weeks so am assuming it is part of morning sickness. A couple of my preggo books said not all women are constipated, that some swing the other way with it - especially those who have IBS or similar to begin with. I have lactose intolerance and have found it quite bad while pregnant.

I just try and time it so I am not out and about directly after I eat...I normally only get about 2 minutes notice when it us time to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doc said it was gastro. I know of two others at work who've had it in the last week... Heard one get up run to the disabled loo and chuck his guts up... Not good...