ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Am I the only one that thought ameda and spectra were infinitely better than medela?
    Nope! I have an Ameda Purely Yours. It's great! I was totally turned off the Medela Swing after learning about open vs closed systems and seeing that mould can grow inside the Swing where milk gets into system - where it can't be cleaned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by candice_bree View Post
    I bought the medela swing after having the avent with two previous kids...

And because I bought it 2nd hand I tested it... Sorry tmi but it actually expressed some colostrum out!!!

I bought mine off eBay for $100... I cleaned and sterilized it and I'm in love !!!
    You can sterilise the Swing's bits all you like, it's inside the actual pump where you can't sterilise where the issue lies... You can flush them out but not sterilise.

Google "Why you shouldnt buy, sell or borrow a second hand Medela Swing". There is a great blog about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah Von Zipper where were you when I was researching I missed that lol! I was told that it wasn't a issue (that it doesn't come apart) now I'm worried bout mould (even though I sterilise ) and there is no way DH would let me get a new one again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    At my peak I was getting over 600mls in 15 minutes with the ameda. That was first pump of the day at work. I get sweet diddly-squat now. But DS is 2.5 and doesn't feed much.

For anyone planning to pump at work etc though, I recommend making yourself a habit while feeding bubs. Maybe playing with a stress ball, looking at your phone or something. I was so subconsciously used to looking at bubhub on my phone while feeding, that when I pulled my phone out while expressing one day, I scared myself with the increase in flow

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two Unimom pumps. I use the Forte at home and the Allegro at work. They both work great at double pumping. The Forte is hospital grade and works really well but it's not portable. The Allegro is very light and portable, but not as robust.

I chose Unimom pumps because they were so much cheaper than other brands (the two pumps together cost less than what I'd pay for a new Medela) and I've been really happy with them. If you're on a budget I couldn't think of a better brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Love is all you need View Post
    Gah Von Zipper where were you when I was researching I missed that lol! I was told that it wasn't a issue (that it doesn't come apart) now I'm worried bout mould (even though I sterilise ) and there is no way DH would let me get a new one again
    ^^ this word for word

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the medela electric and i love it it's really good and i will def use it again for 3rd bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    Nope! I have an Ameda Purely Yours. It's great! I was totally turned off the Medela Swing after learning about open vs closed systems and seeing that mould can grow inside the Swing where milk gets into system - where it can't be cleaned.
    I also went for the Ameda Purely Yours because it's a closed system. Have had no problems with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much everyone for the input. It has been a great help!